More 720 tinkering

I also moved the tires and rims out to the widest setting but did not move them out on the axles and put the fenders out to the widest position. Did this because someone before me had put a single step up the back end of the tractor to get up on the drivers platform. Then I put a dual step on the front side of the rear axle for access to the drivers platform. Wow is that way better than the single step up the back. The front axle pivot bushing was wore out completely and then upon inspection found out it was gone completely. Picked up a new bushing from my local JD dealer and a technician was at the counter and I asked him if he thought I could change it without dropping the axle. I doubt it was his response. Went home cleaned up the bore where the bushing goes and used a bushing driver to start it in and with an adjustment of the jack it started in and I drove it in no problem. I made sure the grease hole was lined up and it was done. Saved a lot of time.
cvphoto143399.jpg

cvphoto143400.jpg

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back