More snow equals more crops

Anonymous-0

Well-known Member
More snow equals more crops. Found to be true for the last 100 years. Don't know whether it's the weather or the spring mud.
 
I just know I wish I had some of this moisture in July and August 2007 here in Michigan. Hope the pattern keeps up this summer. If we get two years of drought in a row,there's gonna be a LOT fewer cows around my place next winter.
 
Snow? What snow? We had less snow this winter than we had rain last summer. Been too cold to snow all winter. Hopefully today is the last below zero day and the spring snow/rains come and moisten things up a bit. As long as the cows have the calves in decent weather all should be good. One looks like she may be ready in 2 weeks.
 
I'm farming a former peat bog, among the clay on clay soils here in my part of MN. Snow only makes wet spots too wet & cold to farm for me, my most profitable years ever farming were 87, 88, 06, & 07. The driest years we've had.

The time I get the most crops, crop prices seem to be $1.40 for corn, $5.15 for beans, and it just depresses me - losing money on every bu, and I have more bu to lose on....

So, kind of a sour grapes thing for me to have more snow. :)

--->Paul
 
I was going to make the same observation as rrlund. Central MIchigan has had drought conditions the last two summers. Never even got a second cutting on my hayfields these last couple years. Note that we didn't get the publicity that the states down south, but we were hurting too. Snow will only do so much to replenish water table.... We need sumer rains!
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top