Went out to feed my cows today as usual and part of that was to put out a hay roll (with my tractor......Ha I got it in; I'm legal) Grin.
Looked out in the pasture and there was this big buzzard with a white chin strap. White chin strap on a buzzard? Looked again and I'm looking at a lone goose out there about 30 yards from the cows. I milled around them for a few minutes and it just stayed there standing erect and looking away and back at me several times. Honked a time or two. I walked it's way and got within 15 yards of it before it flew off.
Guess it got disoriented in the storm yesterday and just decided to light here. It flew off about a thousand feet to a neighbor's place and lit back down. Didn't appear to be injured.
Not sure it was a Canadian as it was much darker than I remember them being and it had a white band. Aren't Canadians gray with a black chin strap?
Ok, so what was it? A brandt is dark but doesn't have a chin strap does it?
Mark
Looked out in the pasture and there was this big buzzard with a white chin strap. White chin strap on a buzzard? Looked again and I'm looking at a lone goose out there about 30 yards from the cows. I milled around them for a few minutes and it just stayed there standing erect and looking away and back at me several times. Honked a time or two. I walked it's way and got within 15 yards of it before it flew off.
Guess it got disoriented in the storm yesterday and just decided to light here. It flew off about a thousand feet to a neighbor's place and lit back down. Didn't appear to be injured.
Not sure it was a Canadian as it was much darker than I remember them being and it had a white band. Aren't Canadians gray with a black chin strap?
Ok, so what was it? A brandt is dark but doesn't have a chin strap does it?
Mark