Movie question - Dozer

I watched the old movie "Lilies of the Field" the other night, and am wondering about the dozer Sidney Poitier was operating. I've never seen one like it. Not a Cat, and as far as I can tell, not a Latourneau, either. When he turns it face the camera, it is definitely split in the middle with 2 exhaust stacks. It appears at about 52:39 in the movie. Anybody know what it is?
I tried to capture the frame and post it on here, but I'm not smart enough for that. Sorry.
Good Luck and God Bless

The only crawler I know of that's split in the middle is a Euclid TC12 which became the Terex 82-80. It had 2 6-71 engines side by side. Looking on the net, it appears other people say it was a TC12.

You are just too young TD 18 and Td 24 ih both had split stacks. In line 6 with 3 cylinders to each stack.

It's entirely possible that I'm a sentimental old fool, but in my opinion that is a really good movie. I've seen it several times.

He said the tractor itself was split and had the dual stacks. That really narrows it down to only one machine, TC-12.

Without even looking up that movie on a search engine, I can tell you I remember that movie. They electrocuted it, didn't they? I was a kid when I saw that movie and it scared me.

Thanks for the input, guys. I did a Google search for the Euclid machine, and that's the one. I've never seen anything like that. What a beast!
Good Luck and God Bless

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back