Moving a dead loader tractor

That’s a feature of how I would do it not a fault. Use that as your brake. Then drive ahead with the pickup it will come right off.

Around here if there’s a second person around they would lift the bucket with the other tractor and that’s the best way because it keeps everything up off the trailer. And by dragging it on in reverse I can actually get at the loader with my loader. I realize that not everybody else has that but it’s been done before in this manner. We actually just did a junk Skidsteer last summer that was all in float with bucket on we tipped the trailer and the thing rolled off and actually continued for about 10 feet! I wouldn’t have thought it would have moved off the trailer much less right to where it was supposed to go. Hydro gone out of the 2640 same thing he shows up here in reverse on the trailer because that’s what got him on and loaded at his place the easiest we carefully lifted the loader up and off when he got here. When I’ve hauled my own myself I usually just take off with the pickup. Easier than going to find someone

Glad you explained it out, that would work fine.

But from your first post I took you to mean that you'd just let it roll off with the bucket digging in, as a brake like you say here.

My thought on your first post was that maybe the OP has a nicely gravelled or paved yard, etc. and wouldn't want the bucket to be digging into that.

Glad you explained it out, that would work fine.

But from your first post I took you to mean that you'd just let it roll off with the bucket digging in, as a brake like you say here.

My thought on your first post was that maybe the OP has a nicely gravelled or paved yard, etc. and wouldn't want the bucket to be digging into that.
Yeah dad has a yard like that. Gives him a good reason to get the 2 cylinder out and grade it. You would be surprised when it’s in float there isn’t a whole lot of dig. Now if you just start dragging away at it you could dig it in like a plow you are right that’s no good but you could even hook onto the loader itself off a drawbar once it’s on the ground and probably not dig in

I've probably missed the boat on this one, but a Ford 3000 has caught my eye. Private seller, doesn't know tractors. I believe it belonged to their dad. Currently dead, would need to get it running to raise the loader and load it onto my trailer. My question: If it's not possible to repair it on-site, is there some way to raise the loader in order to winch the tractor onto the trailer? I haven't seen it in person, don't know the extent of what it needs or even if the motor is freed up. But this info may come in handy in the future. Thanks in advance, Gerrit
WD9........In this neck of the woods we call a specific style of Jack a "JACKALL". Once loader frame was off ground,placed a pipe in such a location....then winched Tractor onto trailer.

Attachments

• DSCN9901.JPG
    DSCN9901.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 15
  • DSCN6598.JPG
    DSCN6598.JPG
    120.8 KB · Views: 15
  • DSCN6602.JPG
    DSCN6602.JPG
    121.5 KB · Views: 19
I would jack the loader up into a position having the bucket 12-18” off of the ground. And cut a couple pieces of 1 1/2” or 2” angle iron that would be long enough to place against the extended cylinder. And fasten the angle irons in place with gear clamps. Once you let the jack down, the weight of the loader and the gear clamps will hold the angle irons in place, making the tractor easy to load and unload, as well easy to roll into the shop to repair. And there will be very little risk of the loader falling and hurting anyone.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back