My 2018 Projects

2510Paul

I did not have pictures when someone put up a post about projects. Here are my projects, late but with pictures.

4020 needs steering attention as I have posted. I notice it does not turn over well and I see some corrosion so I will redo battery connections.

4450 needs all fluids changed, LED lights, new roof, repair seat, inspect steering wheel mechanism (it moves up and down without actuating the latch), lower cab liner if time permits, weld door lath, wax, fix a couple of oil leaks (hopefully not serious did-assembly), and I am sure I will find a few more things.

On the 4450 the step kit was all bent up, the pictures show it about to be painted. I had to cut the stretched metal in a few places and weld it back together. One step I decided to toss as it was too bent up to not just buy a new one.

4250 needs paint on the right step arrangement I made from the factory left step. Steering arms need paint. Cab liner needs attention but hope not to replace. I still need to get the LED warning lights to work properly as turn signals. I expect the 4450 will have that problem as well so now I am motivated by two tractors to dig further into that problem. Install a JD Mirror kit and I am sure I will find other things to do.

If I run out of work I have a shed full of new generations to work on.

Enjoy.

Paul
a251407.jpg

a251408.jpg

a251409.jpg

a251410.jpg

It's a 1967. It belongs to a 77 year old friend of mine. He is pretty Red but likes that 4020. He wishes it was a side console. I have an idea how to do it but it is real far down the list. It has a canopy on it and I rigged a truck mirror for him. It had belonged to a close friend of his who sold it to him just before he died of cancer. So it is pretty special to him. He talks about his friend and that tractor a lot.

He loves to run a 9-10 foot discbine (Red) with it for his son. And, if you can see the tires it gets lots of road work.

Paul

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back