My Arps snow plow

Maineman

I just got this Arps snow plow.
It's a bit more worked over than I thought.
But, for $100, I think I did OK!

mvphoto7212.jpg

mvphoto7213.jpg

mvphoto7214.jpg

mvphoto7215.jpg

mvphoto7216.jpg

mvphoto7217.jpg

mvphoto7218.jpg

mvphoto7219.jpg

mvphoto7220.jpg

I also got the concrete counter weight.
I'm surprised someone managed to break the linchpin hole out!
I'm looking at new cables for sure.
It's bent where the blade mounts.
So, it will need some work. But for $100 I think I did ok!
Oh, it what is that wing about?

Joe

I've got that same exact model minus the concrete block.Mine worked fine for 3 years with loaded tires.I don't see the rear axle mount brackets. They're probably still on the tractor.Don't use anything smaller than 5/16 cable on it . They do snap under load.Mine also did not have those coil springs on the blade or the welded side wing plates but it's okay cause I like to angle the blade sometimes for a long pass on my 200 foot driveway.That thing will push some snow! You got a decent deal on it. Mike

Funny thing is that wing is bolted on.
But, there is only one of them!
Someone must have had a particular situation?
That looks like a mount for a trailer ball on the back?
I can't imagine why anyone would want to pull a trailer
With a snow plow on the tractor?
The cement block would just about hit the drawbar on that tractor. Guess I'll have to remove it.
I was wondering how it attaches to the rear axel?
I was hoping maybe it used the standard sway bar brackets under The fender bolts?

Thanks for the feedback!

Joe

I got the axle brackets with my set up. When I tried to use the sway bar brackets I found they wouldn't work cause the holes didn't line up. The bolts for that thing are pretty beefy ( much fatter) than the sways would use. I actually sheered the bolts holding the rear frame together. Found out I needed grade 8's.It took a big heap of snow to do it but none the less it happened.I'm planning on putting a weld back there before winter comes to strengthen it. I worry it will wollow out the holes. HTH, Mike

Well, I figured out how the PO managed to break a linchpin pin
hole out!
The cement block is too wide!
When it swings to one side the lift arm hits the corner of the
block. Putting all the weight/force on the lunch pin.
He probable broke a lot of linch pins before the shaft snapped!

Joe
a158156.jpg

a158157.jpg

You can use the sway bar brackets that look like a
piece of angle iron with several holes in it. Then
use the hole that fits best. I don't know if they
will work with the older style ford brackets.

Kirk

I have an ARPS frame and Dearborn plow on my 8N. It works great. But I had to fabricate some rear brackets and something to work with the lift arms.

I bought some angle iron from Speedy Metals and used it to fabricate the rear axle brackets. I installed the brackets and put the frame in place and marked the brackets. It was dead center under the axle. I drilled the holes for some pins. Works great.

Be careful with the cable, there is alot of pressure on them. I double clamped them.

My system was missing the lift arm mechanism. I fabricated one out of a piece of 1" rod and several washers.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back