the south end of the county thanks to 95 mph
winds.
cvphoto157820.jpg

In 2011 I had to haul 27 loads and was without
power for 12 days. However I had power at my
other location. Unlike the past week, 57,000
people without power.
I had 5 buildings damaged because of 90 mph
straight line winds in 2011. Zero building damage this time.

I decided to remove all my trees next to
buildings, over 20.

This year my tree mess was created by my
neighbor's trees falling on my property.
GRRRRRRRRRRRRR
I hate neighbor's trees taking down power lines.
Then the tree huggers will replant trees in the
same location.

Some of my neighbors still have a mess in their
yards to deal with. Thank God, I'm done.

Was your damage in 2011 from tropical storm Lee? It blew down dozen of trees on my property in PA. It also cased major flooding in other areas of PA (I m high enough that I don t have those problems). I still have many trees down in my woods from that storm. I already have more firewood that I ll use in the next 5 years or more so it will just rot.

I live in Terre Haute.
2011 was a 90 mph straight line wind in a small
area. 300 homes and mine was one of those. 12
days without power

Last week 95 mph winds covered 3 counties.

They brought in more line crews to get us up in
half the time.

You could use your backhoe to dig a trench to run all your power underground. Might not like the big roots though.

You don't understand, over 110 miles of high voltage power lines had to be replaced in my county alone.
One high voltage line was 500 feet from my place in the south. Another high voltage power line was 100 ft from my other place.
Some power lines are 7800 volts. You are not easily going to find them underground..

I was wrong, I lost all of the trees to strait line winds. It was August 28, 2011 and had rained a lot and the ground was saturated. The trees were full of leaves and top heavy. The wind bent them in half with the tops touching the ground before it just toppled them over root ball and all. Quite a show. Fortunately none hit the house. The barn was hit by a hickory (great firewood) and a car was hit. We lost power for 2 weeks. I got a generator after that one. TS Lee was right after in September. That was another 10+ inches of rain.

I have underground service at one rental.
Duke installed it in 1985 after I totally rebuilt the house and made it totally electric.
I put underground service to both my pole barns.
All my 6 rentals have overhead main service.
Both houses have overhead main services.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back