r.w.b.

got a nice running 411.appers to be a 1956 model,1
mvphoto97507.jpg

year younger than me.st
mvphoto97509.jpg

mvphoto97510.jpg

arts n runs great.very original besides the m&w add power kit.
needs new shifter boot before fluid change. i have a question? any way to add a 2 spool auxillery valve witout tying up the original remotes?
dang ol cases keep growing here. 2 vac, 1-312,1- 411b- 1 411 and 2-500.
hard to belive but i got all 3 of the first numbered case tractors.
oh yes the power steering works great.from what i see so far i dont think its been used real hard. its pretty tight and steering isnt loose
mvphoto97511.jpg

any idea how much more hp the m&w kit added?
its got some needs but for used at 66 years old not bad.gonna look
great beside my 312 n 500

Nice looking tractor. My 411 is #8082508 built on January 18, 1956. (6 years older than me)
It makes me wonder if they started making the 56 tractors in late 1955. I know the numbers go in order of tractors down the line no matter the model. At least I think that's how it goes, I could be wrong.
Mine also has power steering plus as a bonus, it has a belt pulley and front wrap-around weights.
cvphoto136458.jpg

According to DCTom Case model year run from Oct 1 to Sep 30 doing this era. Many companies use the end of the 3rd quarter as the end of the fiscal year same as the US Gov. New model vehicles seem to come out about that time nowadays.

Joe

(reply to post at 17:44:30 09/22/22) rwb, to answer your question about the HP gain from the M&W add power kit, the bore increase was to 4 1/8 making it a 267 CID displacement + the pistons have a popup to increase the CR also.

I have not had actual dyno time with this setup so I will draw on my DC experience. a 4 " DC in good tune was a 45 HP tractor, they only made flattops from Case. The M&W package was 4 1/16 with a nice popup and produced 52 HP in my 39, this rating at rated 540 PTO speed, so a 7 HP gain.

My gut feeling is that your 400 in good tune should be a low to mid 60 HP tractor at rated speed.

Very nice find!

Thats good. I was thinking
maybe 60 hp area. It has no
blowby tap throttle n it
snaps open like it should.
It was at auction at cooks
clinton mo. I delivered some
stuff and spotted it got to
give it a good lookover
appeared to be a very
original used tractor not
beat to pulp still having
the grill medallion in tact.
Plus it wasnt in the
absolute row somebody
considered it as good also.
Thank you all for replys

Nice tractor. Some used oil and a lot of elbow grease she'll shine. I would take that tractor in a heart beat. RB

I had a 400 gas. The thing is indestructible!!
Regarding another spool, I mounted one of those 6-port plunger type selector valves under the seat. (Surplus Center-Lincoln, NE) The hoses that originally ran the Eagle Hitch were routed to the "inlet" of said selector valve. Then one set of "outs" went to the Eagle Hitch and the other set of "outs" went to the main boom of the loader.
It was very easy to reach under the seat to switch from one function to the other. As soon as you switched functions, the selector valve "locked" the opposite function, so I could raise the back blade, then switch the selector to operate the loader, and the back blade would hold where it was. Ditto the loader arms.
If there was a heavy load in the bucket, the selector valve was a little hard to push, and the loader settled a few fractions of an inch..
Used it that way for 30 years. Great tractor!!!!

Nice addition to your collection. The big 400 was the old Case dealers favorite model, by far. Thanks for posting the M & W decal, it's the first one I've ever seen. Don

welcome.wish i could find a whole M & W decal so i could get a few printed off. i got a neighbor lady that does lazer printing on high grade mylar or whatever that sticky stuff is named.
old mechanics shop in town,now gone had 2 M&W stickers in his window . 1 said M &W addpowr kits sold and installed here and another like that 1 on my tractor

got more pictures.hope nobody gets upset but the 400 beside my
4440 looks good half the power but dont look that small. i then
parked it by its little brother n another brother my 411b
cvphoto136820.jpg

cvphoto136821.jpg

cvphoto136822.jpg

cvphoto136823.jpg

cvphoto136824.jpg

cvphoto136825.jpg

im kinda unhappy.went to retrive my 400 and somebody backed
into the used to be dent free grill n bent it pretty bad at the
bottom 1/4 of the bars. nobody knows anything either. luckily
they didnt hit the top n bust the medallion. i do have a nos 300
grill n medallion but i want it left in my storage shed with the
todd implement company tag on it. it will get some tlc soon.shifter boot drain n flush milky gear oil.new hyd oil n filter cleaning,engine oil change,new exhaust n intake gaskets, couple oil leaks n a hose .free up foot feed and make new rod for it and new gear shift guide pin so it doesnt move sideways. and pair of new front tires

todd was a decent dealer for j.i.case in lamar mo. mr todd had twin sons . same age as me. went to high school with them. unforseen reason they closed in about 74 or 75. we graduated school in 73.
too bad they closed but they sold many case tractors in the area.
my 1955 312 was sold new by todd. im second owner of it. i will try this weekend to get a picture of the nos grill.sadly the medallion has a small piece broke out of it

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back