My sorry running 8-N

You guys are indeed sharpies---maybe more than you know. My side mount 8-N has had a carb rebuild---new plug wires, new proper Auto=Lite plugs, new gas tank, new sediment bowl, new ignition switch, new coil, new battery--all in the last few months, still ran putrid, often as if it was running out of gas, but it wasn't. The exhaust just had a raggedy sound in the vertical stack on it. The points looked ok, were adjusted ok, timing was correct. I was ready to gift the tractor to an enemy--just to make him miserable. Finally--I got a new cap, new condenser, rotor, points. My good pal who is wise, put this stuff on in 10 minutes or so. I just mowed the roadsides for an hour---more to go, but felt compelled to report to you. She's not any different from a brand new tractor right now (like my grabdad used to say--she purrs like a Maltese Tom Cat)--runs perfect and so smoothly now, extra power. The cap did have green corrosion down in the sockets real bad--did not know that before. Anyhow--you guys predicted it was not a continuing carb problem, likely ignition--and it was. Thank you, slow learner here, but glad I turned to the pros for help.

Glad you got it running right..As my Granddaddy use to say all the time--"They are as handy as a pocket on a shirt"--For a small, low hp tractor, it is amazing what they will do and the abuse they will take, and keep on ticking..

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back