NAA and plow

jeffkoh

Member
i have a 12" 2 bottom plow that i pull with a good running NAA. the 12" works good on ground that has been plowed on a regular basis, but not so well on ground that has not. i have a chance to purchase a 2 bottom ford 14" for $100. it is in great shape, little signs of wear. can the NAA handle the 14" plow? i noticed the mold boards are at more of an angle than the 12".
 
I have a Ford 2 bottom 14 plow that I pull with my NAA.
Usually does good in 2nd gear, sometimes in a hard pan I may have to lift the plow an inch or so to get back up to speed, but I have plowed numerous acres with mine with no problems.
Alot depends on soil type.
 
Depending on the conditions, it should plow well if set up correctly. When shined up, and when you can get your speed up a bit, it works great. It works much better than the earlier Ns and they do a good job.
 
I have an NAA and plow my quarter-acre garden with a Ford 3-bottom plow(14" I think). She snarls pretty loud in second gear but takes it "in stride" in first gear. Don't think it would "bust sod" in a virgin field working all day!
Bill
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top