NAA at auction

I found an NAA at the local auction this coming weekend. One front tire (4x19) is new, the other one is junk. One rear tire is fair (11.2x28), the other one is junk but the rim appears to be okay. It has a 12V alternator but the ignition wiring is a mess. There is no battery. The air cleaner is laying on the foot board. The fuel in the tank is sour but there is no crud in it. The hood, grill, and fenders look good. It has a shift lever sticking out the left side of the bell housing. How do I tell if this a direct/under, direct/over, or a under/direct/over?

I'm guessing this tractor is from an estate as the seller has several pieces of equipment in the sale. Any guesses on the value of this tractor?

Thanks.

Arvin Haslem

Sounds like a parts tractor to me since its in non running condition so you cant evaluate it for function. Also sounds like it needs tires and they are one of the most expensive things to replace on a tractor. Check what if any similar tractors happen to be for sale on your local craigslist and how long they have been listed and not sold for comparison. Odds are the extra lever on the left side is a Sherman combo. I dont think the other Shermans were ever fitted to the Jub, NAA, and later Fords. If you are not familiar with these old Fords, I would keep looking and find one that runs. I wouldn't pay more than a few hundred for what you describe.

The Sherman is most likely a combo (under/direct/over), but if it had a loader on it at some point in its past it may be a Sherman reverser. Since you don't know if it runs or not, or the state of the other systems (transmission, hydraulics, etc.) don't pay more than you know that you can part it out for, or if you're not inclined to part it out yourself, then don't pay more than you can get for it in scrap.

On the left sherman step up or step down handle. On the right sherman combo handle

<a href="https://imgur.com/bCdhef5">
bCdhef5l.jpg" title="source: imgur.com"
</a>

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back