Need a year model for Massey Ferguson

Sarai7

New User
Hi all, my husband bought an old Massey Ferguson farm tractor about five years ago, right before he fell real crook.

He passed away 18 months ago and now I need to sell this unit.

Problem is, I can’t advertise it if I don’t have a Year and Model of the machine.

The plate under the steering wheel is pretty rough looking.

It wasn’t in a shed at the place we got it from and it certainly hasn’t been sheltered here either.

Can anyone here help me with the Year and Model? and any other offers of information, of course without knowing its history, would be greatly appreciated also.

Photos aren’t much good. I apologise but they were the best I could get from my kids (I’m disabled and the ground is too uneven for me to walk down there 🤷🏼‍♀️)

Many thanks in advance 🙏🏻

Attachments

• IMG_5987.jpeg
    IMG_5987.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 93
  • IMG_1413.jpeg
    IMG_1413.jpeg
    999.2 KB · Views: 96
Hi all, my husband bought an old Massey Ferguson farm tractor about five years ago, right before he fell real crook.

He passed away 18 months ago and now I need to sell this unit.

Problem is, I can’t advertise it if I don’t have a Year and Model of the machine.

The plate under the steering wheel is pretty rough looking.

It wasn’t in a shed at the place we got it from and it certainly hasn’t been sheltered here either.

Can anyone here help me with the Year and Model? and any other offers of information, of course without knowing its history, would be greatly appreciated also.

Photos aren’t much good. I apologise but they were the best I could get from my kids (I’m disabled and the ground is too uneven for me to walk down there 🤷🏼‍♀️)

Many thanks in advance 🙏🏻
Welcome to the forums. Condolences for your loss.

What I come up with, based on what I get from the tag under the steering wheel, your tractor is a Harry Ferguson, not a Massey Ferguson. Harry Ferguson was a separate manufacturer prior to him merging with Massey Harris forming Massey Harris Ferguson (which went on to become Massey Ferguson after a few years). Your tractor was built by the Standard Motor Company in England. TED 20 is the model. The serial number 27747 falls in the 1948 build year. HTH

You will want to know when was the last time it started and was driven. Does the engine turn over or is it frozen up. A running tractor brings a much higher price. You should have some one check these things. Maybe a member of a local antique tractor club. Where are you located? Perhaps one of us could help.
Dave

You will want to know when was the last time it started and was driven. Does the engine turn over or is it frozen up. A running tractor brings a much higher price. You should have some one check these things. Maybe a member of a local antique tractor club. Where are you located? Perhaps one of us could help.
Dave
Thanks Dave, yes “crook” is sick and yes the motor turns over and was driven about 4 or 5 months ago. I Do need to get a new battery, but that’s easy sorted. Yes, Australia. I’m in NSW. Grafton, The Clarence Valley,

Welcome to the forums. Condolences for your loss.

What I come up with, based on what I get from the tag under the steering wheel, your tractor is a Harry Ferguson, not a Massey Ferguson. Harry Ferguson was a separate manufacturer prior to him merging with Massey Harris forming Massey Harris Ferguson (which went on to become Massey Ferguson after a few years). Your tractor was built by the Standard Motor Company in England. TED 20 is the model. The serial number 27747 falls in the 1948 build year. HTH
Brilliant. Thank you So Very much Jim. I kept doing google searches but after scrolling countless pages was still none the wiser.
This will be a huge help.
I was wondering how they came up with Massey from Harry. Learning more than I’d set out to. Legends, Everyone. Thank you again.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back