Need help with 24 rim dimensions

RBoots

Hey everyone, I'm trying to find rims for a Silver King model R38. It has steel rims that are riveted through a cast center. Any rim or pressed steel wheel rim would work if it has the right dimension. If I can find pressed steel that will work, I'll just remove the center. The rims on the SK are of a deep drop center style. The inner diameter of the rim is very close to 20 5/8" or 20 3/4" across the drop center. Needs to be 7-12" wide. Has 11.2-24 tires on it. I'm in need of 2 rims, but as SK rims are impossible to find, I wondered if any of you would have a tractor with narrow 24" rims that fit my description for size, that way I'll know what kind of tractor I should be looking for rims that are the same size. I was told a Case VAC rim would work, but I don't have one of those. I measured every 24" rim on our farm (Farmall A, Allis C, a set dad bought at an auction off who knows what, and 2 sets off an old Massey Harris combine, I forget the number) and they all seem to be almost all the same size ID, and none have the deep drop center. Thank you to any who may be able to help.

Ross

Why not just use a regular rim and put spacers between the rim and the casting. This would shim it tight and a longer rivet or bolt would still hold it.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back