Need studs for head on DC

Its been a while since I have been on this board. The local school is working on a DC and the sent the head off to be rebuilt, but they failed to remove the rocker studs and the manifold studs. The shop did not keep the parts. They asked me if I could help find replacements as I have restored a DC in the past. Does any one know of the size or a source for these studs.

Thanks

-Dave D
Chico, TX

Dave, Always use grade 8 or B7 grade bolts on your tractors. You can use grade 8 all-thread on the exhaust with grade 8 washers and nuts. The rocker arm studs can probably be ordered special at a nut and bolt supplier, or made at a machine shop.---Derrol in Texas---

The rocker arm studs can be (2) early or (4) on later models. How soon do you need them?
If this happened to me I would be speaking to the manager of the machine shop. Machine shops remove and replace studs all the time when machining blocks/heads etc. They wouldn't be throwing them away and probably have a large bucket or box full laying around somewhere! Best wishes!

The rocker has 4 studs. I feel the same way about the machine shop as you do, but in there defense, the head was was dropped off before summer vacation and not picked up till November. I may have to get some fine tread bolts and cut the bolt heads off and then thread the end with coarse thread. I was hopping on the off chance some here might have an old cracked head with some spares for sale. ;)

-Dave

I have a head in poor condition and have already pulled the studs (not perfect!) I would donate them if they are not needed for a couple of weeks. They are in a storage yard I go to every other week and with mailing, they would take at least two weeks. Let me know, chuck.

We can wait. You can email me at david_degan2002 (at) yahoo.com

I would be willing to pay. Its not a problem

Thanks

-Dave

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back