new holland 276 tine bar

goatfarmer62

New User
the bolt that centers the right side of the tine bar loosened today, and resulted in breaking the cast iron part of the part that connects the drive chain to the bolt that runs through the bearing on the left side of the tine bar... First of all, I'm fairly good at welding cast, so I'm going to try to weld it up....but the bearing on the end of a shaft that goes into the left side of the aluminum tine bar is stuck at an angle in the square plastic insert. It's frozen in place, and the plastic insert has a crack. I'm not sure what the need was for the internal spring they warn about, as mine hasn't been able to swivel, or do anything special for the past 4 years. Has anyone else ever just gotten rid of the spring and firmly mounted the connection? It seems to be one of those little things that cause extra expense for little return, since mine hasn't worked and I got along just fine.

All around, small bales suck...but what do I hook up to if the round baler has a break down...lol

99.9 % of the time the spring is not needed. The hay will flow effortlessly.However,the first time you pick up a big tough slug,you will see why the spring is there.

I hate little bales to but when there is hay to put up and the big baler refuses to run it Is nice to get some hay put up one way or another even if you have to drive load and stack all the bales by yourself by hand

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back