New Holland LB620 trouble shooting

Since my last post on my IH430, I've had a few tractors in between that and this one. So, on to my issue. This is a mid 80s articulating TLB with an Onan/Edison L423 or also known as a Cummins 4A series. I had to do the injection pump since it fried on me from the unit sitting half its life(it only has 1300 hours). I did that and it smoked and bogged after. I then did the injectors, which was a nightmare since 2 of the 4 injectors snapped off in the cylinder head. So, I pulled the head and got them out, then reinstalled the head and a put new headgasket. It still smoked and bogged then I rechecked the static timing on the pump. I had the static timing off about 30 degrees, I had it set at 15 degrees ATC instead of 15 degrees BTC. After all this, the smoking issue was solved but the bog and low power remained. I then installed an electric lift pump instead of the cam driving one, which helped but still wasn't the solution. I am at a standstill with this engine, because I have done everything that could go wrong on the fuel side. Before these issues, the engine and everything worked great. The engine had great compression and never needed glow plugs to start. Now, it still has great compression, but doesn't like to start cold, which doesn't make sense to me since it was fine right before and during the time I was diagnosing the bad pump. Whenever I have been running the engine doing tests there has been no airfilter on it to eliminate that problem, and I set the valve lash when I put the head back on. I also tested the engine running a auxiliary fuel tank with fresh diesel and it didn't change anything. Any thoughts or ideas to check would be appreciated. I am curious if this could be an issue with the injection pump again, specifically the governor as I don't have much faith in the injection pump shop I went to, they were the only shop local to me within 60 miles.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back