[email protected]
New User
How hard would it be to disconnect the stop/ start feature every time you stop . I have replaced /repaired enough starters without this feature. How good can this feature be ??
My 2016 F150 has the opt out button but you have to push it every time you start. I'm wearing a hole in it.How hard would it be to disconnect the stop/ start feature every time you stop . I have replaced /repaired enough starters without this feature. How good can this feature be ??
So I got my new to me 2019 F150 Thursday. It has the start/stop deactivate button on the dash. Start /stop feature was working till this morning. I was messing around in the settings on the display screen and somehow turned it off as to where you no longer have to use the deactivate button on the dash. Not sure how I did it, but I did. Not a big fan of the feature, so I’m ok with that.How hard would it be to disconnect the stop/ start feature every time you stop . I have replaced /repaired enough starters without this feature. How good can this feature be ??
After a quick review on google it appears the feature will not come on if you are doing certain things or the vehicle is on a steep grade ect. There are numerous things that will automatically disable the feature on my truck. One is running the defroster which I was this morning causing the start/stop to be disabled. Learned something new.So I got my new to me 2019 F150 Thursday. It has the start/stop deactivate button on the dash. Start /stop feature was working till this morning. I was messing around in the settings on the display screen and somehow turned it off as to where you no longer have to use the deactivate button on the dash. Not sure how I did it, but I did. Not a big fan of the feature, so I’m ok with that.
If I put my car in neutral the stop/start feature doesn't work.How hard would it be to disconnect the stop/ start feature every time you stop . I have replaced /repaired enough starters without this feature. How good can this feature be ??
And emissionsI'm guessing the stop/start feature was designed to show an improvement in mpg.
YouTube isn't the only place that works that way,,,,,, always check several places for info if it's going to cost you money.If I put my car in neutral the stop/start feature doesn't work.
Some car you can turn off the stop/start feature.
I read if your battery needs to be replaced, the car won't turn off.
I would look at U tube to see how to turn it off. Of course sometimes U tube isn't full of experts..
I'm guessing the stop/start feature was designed to show an improvement in mpg.
i plugged one of those goofy trailer light tester things into the plug of my 2019 f 150. the truck thinks there is a trailer attached and doesn't shut off when stopped. btw i've heard the shut off switch is activated by brake pressure. just use enough brake pedal to hold the truck, and it may not shut off. good luckHow hard would it be to disconnect the stop/ start feature every time you stop . I have replaced /repaired enough starters without this feature. How good can this feature be ??
I read when you replace the battery you should only use an AGM battery. AGM battery has lower internal resistance vs a wet cell.After a quick review on google it appears the feature will not come on if you are doing certain things or the vehicle is on a steep grade ect. There are numerous things that will automatically disable the feature on my truck. One is running the defroster which I was this morning causing the start/stop to be disabled. Learned something new.
Son found one in internet that goes under dash and it disabled it on his 2023 Suburau.If you search the internet, there are kits that can be installed that will cure that problem.
YouTube isn't the only place that works that way,,,,,, always check several places for info if it's going to cost you money.
Our Explorer has a button on the console to bypass it. My D-I-Ls Buick cannot be bypassed unless a after market kits is installed
My 15 Malibu was the only vehicle (17 MKX and 18 Silverado don't) that had it. It could not be turned off. 90% of the time when I drove the car it would not shut off at a stop (brake pressure). 100% of the time my wife drove the car it shut off at a stop. Also, this car had a second L&G size battery in the trunk along with the regular size car battery under the hood. It was purportedly for the start stop function, but you couldn't prove it by me. Gave the car to my son and daughter in law in 19, so I never had to replace the batteries.Like mentioned, maybe not all vehicles but try easing up on brake pedal pressure a little bit when stopped. There are many ways to disable these but without specific vehicle info, I suggest searching the internet.
The reason you don't hear it is that there is no gears/bendix involved.I'm not so sure how they restart. We have a '19 Cherokee and can clearly hear the starter but when it restarts I don't hear it. It just lights up. That said it has a dash button to disable it but it defaults to auto. I thought all makes had the button.
The reason that you don't hear it is that there are no gears/bendix involved.I'm not so sure how they restart. We have a '19 Cherokee and can clearly hear the starter but when it restarts I don't hear it. It just lights up. That said it has a dash button to disable it but it defaults to auto. I thought all makes had the button.
I got a 2018 F150 and it does not mention tuning the auto start function off. However, if you look through all the options on the screen, you will find this option. Just check the box and it is gone forever. Just like 300jk says.So I got my new to me 2019 F150 Thursday. It has the start/stop deactivate button on the dash. Start /stop feature was working till this morning. I was messing around in the settings on the display screen and somehow turned it off as to where you no longer have to use the deactivate button on the dash. Not sure how I did it, but I did. Not a big fan of the feature, so I’m ok with that.
We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.
Copyright © 1997-2025 Yesterday's Tractor Co.
All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.
Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters
Website Accessibility Policy