New tractor

grandpa Love

340ish miles round trip yesterday after church. Picked up a running, driving Farmall B. Very strange, usually we buy dead tractors and winch them up on the trailer. We were so far up in north Alabama we could see TN. Lol
cvphoto154076.jpg

cvphoto154077.jpg

Hard to tell in the picture, but north Alabama has some big hills!

cvphoto154079.jpg

Stopped at Freddy's to eat on the way up .. had to sit at the booth with a Farmall picture.

Unfortunately the MH seller never got back in touch. Also never heard back from the hot rod Allis Chalmers seller....... Dang it , dang it.

GP
I love Alabama.
If I didn't live in Indiana, I could strongly consider Alabama.
I read where many retired people living in Florida are moving to Sweet home Alabama because the cost of living in Florida is too costly.

Where is your favorite place to eat?

A running tractor.
Does not sound like yall at all.
I thought Mick's truck was pulling it in that first photo.

Favorite place to eat?? HOME!!. If forced to eat out, Freddy's is good. Huddle house or waffle house is always consistent and decent. We really like a couple Mediterranean restaurants in the Birmingham suburbs, 45 miles away. Oh..... And pizza is our usual go to on the road, hard to mess up that.

Rock City claims you can see 7 states.
Due to the curvature of the earth's surface I think 4 states is a more realistic number.
But on a clear day you can easily see mountain tops 100 miles away.

From the Observation tower on top Clingmans Dome (farther north and much higher) you would have a better chance of seeing all 7 states.

I'm with ya on eating at home 100%. I disagree with your pizza comment though .... there are a lot of BAD pizzas out there from some of the big chains to small mom and pop places. We have a go-to place ..... Dallas Pizza ..... a long way to drive from central Alberta but worth it .... ha! Actually, it's in nearby Edmonton.

Freddy's started here in Kansas. I didn't know they had stores down south. Alabama, I think of Krystal Burger and Waffle House.

Colwich,where the tractor photo was taken, is a short drive from me.

Crazy horse.... We have had a couple bad pizza experiences..... One was at an awesome looking mom and pop place, spent too much on decor and forgot to train the pizza maker.

I only asked GP where he eats out at because we have no choice eating at home when on vacation.
Eating at different places is one of the best part of being on vacation.
We mark are favorites places on Google maps.

John, I have been to Rock City three times. Two of the times it was so foggy that I could barely see my feet. On the clear day it was a beautiful place to visit.

I just read something about Alabama and no tax pn people over 65. Alot of people are bypassing florida for Alabama. We go there about evey other year. Lamberts cafe is a great place to eat in Foley Alabama.

Property tax i should of said. Did your taxes go up George? Mime ate up 35 percent this yeR!

(quoted from post at 17:05:37 05/08/23) I just read something about Alabama and no tax pn people over 65. Alot of people are bypassing florida for Alabama. We go there about evey other year. Lamberts cafe is a great place to eat in Foley Alabama.
Alabama Property taxes[/url]

The main one being only the 6.5mils of state tax, $12k or less taxable income, main residence only blah, blah blah.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back