Newer updates to the three point hitch problem

Anonymous-0

Well-known Member
I put the valve housing back on last night, but here is the catch. I did not know where to put the feed back roller. I did not know if it went "between" the cam and the draft follower arm, or behind the draft follwower arm. I left my IT manuel at home so I had it stuck between the draft follower arm and the cam. When I tried it I got very different respons. This time the Rockshaft when the engine is running almost behaves like its supposed to in when the lever is set in "D". The things that were funny were this. I could not get the Lever back in the "L" position, the control valve now is responsive at a different position than before which means I would need to adjust my lever cable. So I knew something was funny just didn't know what...until I got home last night and read the IT manuel on it. But other than that it was VERY promising to see the hitch actually follow the response of the control lever up and down and in the middel like it supposed to.

Now I have to go back and see how to set the cam follower roller behind the draft follwer arm in the transmision. Then see how to make that work like it supposed to.

Here is what I am missing in my mind. When I have the valve houseing off. I see the follower roller and I see the long spring. I then can feel where I can work the roller that streches the spring. But I cant figure how either the cam or the draft follower arm actually "push" against this rolloer... I mean if the draft follower is between the cam and the valve roller how does the cam push against this roller for the feed back? I think this is the last major clue to solving this problem.....I think I am very close though.....
 
PLEASE buy, beg, borrow or steal a copy of the genuine DEERE tech manual BEFORE you cause $$$$ in damages to the poor tractor. With 2250 PSI hydraulics and that LARGE lift cylinder, there's LOTS of destructive power there, if you get things mucked up in that hitch control mechanism!!

(If you talk nice to your favorite DEERE shop foreman, often they will copy a few pages from the manual for you.)
 
Thanks...I thought the IT Manuels was all there was....I glad cause this IT manuel does NOT have alot of Detail..
 
For the good of your tractor, buy 3 manuals for it from JD: Operator Manual, Repair Manual, and Parts Manual. Use your IT manual in the out house. If you cant afford the manuals, sell the tractor. Tom
 
for the out house.....Dag Gum...that Bad huh??? I might Do Really Good if I had some good documentation I guess.....

The only Operators manuel I have is from a JD 5020 that I use to have...
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top