NH 276 baler tire

Anonymous-0

Well-known Member
The big left side tire on our NH 276 baler is about shot, just lots of green slime holding it together. I think before it blows on a Sunday afternoon with lots of hay down and a storm coming, I better breakdown and replace it. Size is 27-9.5-15. New tires in this size are still available, but very expensive. Does anyone have experience using a different size tire like a 9.5-15 or a truck tire? I'd like the diameter to be about the same so the pickup stays level. Baler never leaves the farm.
 
About any tire that holds air will get your hay off your field, if it's the same height/diameter as the original, all the better.

I tend to be a little picky about that stuff and get the right ag tires for my equipment (yes, they are relatively expensive), but around here worn out snow tires off someone's pickup seem to be popular with others...
 
A 9.50X15 LT truck tire will work just fine and you should be able to buy one used for less then $25. Shoot I bet I have one laying around you could have but then you would not get your hay done today LOL
 
27-9.50x15 in Iowa $67.15. In the 22 years I was in the tire business I never heard of a 9.50x15 light truck tire. I sold hundreds of 9.50x16.5's, but they wont work on a 15" rim.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top