NH 315 baler

i have a NH 315 baler with hydraulic tension. i need the 3 cup seal for the top of the piston. the local NH dealer wants to sell me a new cylinder as the seal is NLA. the local hydraulic shop is of no help. they told me to make a new piston, and use a different seal. i have the ability to do that, but the cylinder on the baler is in perfect condition. i simply need a cup seal. the seal is 3 in OD, and about 1 inch tall. any help is appreciated. thanks

that was quick, but i don't have that style of cylinder. the dealer says i have the other style cylinder, what ever that means. messricks
does show the other seal, but i'm trying to avoid paying $240 for a 8 dollar seal. thanks for the help

Sorry but you didn't state which type hyd cylinder you baler has. If you have a local hyd cylinder repair business take used seals to them for replacement seals.

i took the piston / cup seal to an old hole in the wall hydraulic shop a couple of town away. he had a box of them. his business caters to
people with old equipment. thanks for the help.

If you have the ability make a new piston and use a different seal is it possible to modify your existing piston for a seal that is more readily available?

i actually went into the hydraulic store to buy some 3 in polypac seals to make a new piston. i have a nh mower that uses a single o ring for the lift cylinder seal. seems like every time i lifted the mower and came up against the stop i pushed oil past the o ring and compromise it. i converted that piston to a polypac style packing and haven't had the issue since.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back