NH 315 Baler

Haymachine

New User
I’m looking at either a 311 or a 315 NH baler. Was hoping I could find out what the minimum HP would be to run this with a hay wagon on the back? I have about 20 acers of pretty flat land, no rolling hills or anything.

We ran a NH 275 baler for several years with a 135 massey,and unless the fields were soft we had plenty of power.I think the 315 might be a bit larger baler,but would not need much more power.like you our fields were pretty flat.

i currently use a 315 NH baler. i believe it is a updated 276 as they look alike when side by side. i usually use a ford 3930 when baling, but have in the past used a 3600 and a 860. my fields are pretty flat as well. good luck.

We used a Ford 960

Attachments

• 665.jpg
    665.jpg
    987.7 KB · Views: 14
We've used a Ford 4110 on ours. That tractor has pulled the baler with a kicker and a full wagon on hills just fine

Attachments

• IMG_1139.JPG
    IMG_1139.JPG
    5.3 MB · Views: 16
Small square balers don't require much power. Since you don't have hills you don't need much weight either. 30 HP would get it done even with a good load on the wagon.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back