NH 855 Baler air bags

I need help. I have a leak in my air bag or bags on my 855 baler. I was told they were 600 dollars each from New Holland. Why NH would do their customers like that, I don"t know. But I read somewhere once, that those bags were the same as another product, but can"t remember where I saw that. Can someone help me here.
Please
Thanks
[email protected]
731-988-5581

There is another thread that talked about this. The bags are made by Goodyear and the number is 1R12-158. Raney"s Truck parts has it for $325 ea. That"s a little better than $600. I"m sure you can do some more google searches and find them. It"s a truck air spring and if you can get the specs any bag of similar dimensions will work but the mounting bolt holes may have to be changed. It"s just an air bag.

Take the bag off and post the measurements of it along with a picture. New Holland must have paid big money to Goodyear because I can't find the specs of that airspring anywhere other than the one side that is 5.50" for the air/mount and 9.00" plate size. No height info, no bag size info, no info on the other end of the spring...nothing!
When you look at any chart for cross or specs it either doesn't list it at all or doesn't give any information. The cross chart shows a 1R12-155 and a 1R12-165. I'll bet one of those bags is close enough to the $$$$New Holland$$$$ bag that it will work.
Need to closely measure the old one and then go into the sizing charts and pick one out that is close.. preferably a Firestone bag so that Goodyear doesn't get the sale for pulling this crap.
I'm looking at buying an 855 and that's what I will do when the time comes.

I found a thread on another site that says the 1R12-103 is a good replacement for the whole assembly or 1R12-113 for the bag and top plate.
Whole assembly price is $174 at SDTrucksprings.
Firestone cross is suppose to be W01-358-9101.
Attached picture shows the specs.

This stuff just pisses me off when the tractor dealers are just plain ripping people off
a81080.jpg

Thanks for posting this my baler has new air bags but I'm sure it will need one sooner or cnh fiat agri wants 4 something each for the bags I just looked up the Firestone number you gave and its 125 so 300 dollars for cnh to put a tag on it that says cnh fiat group

(quoted from post at 14:04:31 09/01/12) I need help. I have a leak in my air bag or bags on my 855 baler. I was told they were 600 dollars each from New Holland. Why NH would do their customers like that, I don"t know. But I read somewhere once, that those bags were the same as another product, but can"t remember where I saw that. Can someone help me here.
Please
Thanks
[email protected]
731-988-5581

http://www.shoupparts.com/SH857581/

I remember reading somewhere that Mack trucks use the same bag for suspension. I think they were between $100-$200, but I"m not sure.

You folks don't know how much I appreciate this help. The folks like NH and others just try to make us pay dearly for using old equipment. I hope they and goodyear choke on them. If you find out MORE, please post

JW

Thanks for all info. The NH parts sheet shows two types. One for balers thru serial number
733139 and the other after. I think the only difference is the hole pattern for the bolts. I would think a person could drill some holes to match what is needed for the retainer plate to bolt back on.
Hole pattern is 4.25 inches on one and 4.76 on the other. Will check further. I'll ask Alan when I get my serial number off baler.
Thanks Again

Jerry, if the 1R12-103 isn"t the bag you need then measure the old one or take it to a truck shop. They can go into the air spring charts and pick out a bag that is a match or close match to the old one. Also measure the stroke or range of travel in the place where it is mounted. Then you will have a good idea of the compressed and expanded length it needs to cover.
No way would I pay $600 for an air spring when there are others that will work just as well.

There's only one bag available from CNh fiat if you have the older style you have to replace the mount to I found the bags online for under 150

The new holland part website gives the good year part number for the air bag as good year 1R12-158 if you look around on the web you can find them for under 200 also depending on you serial number you might have to replace the piston . Which is 325.oo each and it takes 2 .

Just ordered one today. IR12-103 If it works, I'll order another one. SDtrucksprings
Talk to Nicole EXT 108. She goes out to help

My HN dealer offered to give me some Pistons that are for a later model baler if I need them. He said he was embrassed by his prices.

Thanks again for all your help.
JW

Please keep us updated. I"m really interested to see if the 103 model will put this problem to bed. New Holland ought to be embarrassed by their prices.

All I have to do is take off the (bull horn aluninum base), only a 3/4 inch nut holding it on and replace it with the NH original one and it's ready to go. I measured it and the only difference is the dia of the bag itself is sightly smaller. This could be from the expanding the old one has done in time past. The opposite side of bag has a 5 1/2 inch center to center threaded studs as it should. The plate the studs are in is sightly larger in dia. No problem as I can see. I looked at some later nh bases and decided not to use them. They never asked did I have a older serial number or later. They said it would work and it did.So if anyone is interested go back t my earlier post and find stock number, co to order from and person's name and ext number. I'm going to list this as problem solved. THANKS FOR EVERYYONES HELP
jw

Forget the bottom plate 4 holes and sizes. This comes off. Replace with the one that came on your baler. Just be sure the other end(side with the threaded studs are the same distance across. 5 1/2 inches worked for me.

(quoted from post at 14:49:50 09/08/12) All I have to do is take off the (bull horn aluninum base), only a 3/4 inch nut holding it on and replace it with the NH original one and it's ready to go. I measured it and the only difference is the dia of the bag itself is sightly smaller. This could be from the expanding the old one has done in time past. The opposite side of bag has a 5 1/2 inch center to center threaded studs as it should. The plate the studs are in is sightly larger in dia. No problem as I can see. I looked at some later nh bases and decided not to use them. They never asked did I have a older serial number or later. They said it would work and it did.So if anyone is interested go back t my earlier post and find stock number, co to order from and person's name and ext number. I'm going to list this as problem solved. THANKS FOR EVERYYONES HELP
jw

I'm still not clear on what worked and what didn't other than the bag works. The new 1R12-103 should have been complete with top plate, bag, and piston. Did you have to use the old piston or did you get the 1R12-113 which doesn't come with the piston.

I'm glad this was a good fix but just want it to be clear to others in the future.

We replaced the air bags on our 848 for 175 each from NAPA. They had them the next day and we had to use some of the hardware off the old bag but other than that it went well and have not had a problem in two years.
Keith

I did not know the 113 was the same bag without the bottom aluminum bull horn(I call it) You just take that bull horn off and put the old NH back in its' place. If it is cheaper for the 113, I would buy it in place of the 103. Just be sure the top part with the two studs are the right dia. In the 103 case is 5 1/2 inches
JW

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back