no down pressure on 3pt . blade

Al Walker

Member
1970 Ford 4000SU 3cyl.gas, never realized till Sunday I have no down pressure on 3pt. hitch lifts ok holds ok I have a bush hog front loader on it,is it possible it has been plumbed to bypass 3pt. hitch? What about the flow control valve would that affect it? I don't want to get into the cover under the seat,sounds like more than I could handle.Thanks for the help.If you get a good laugh at my post well thats just a bonus Al
 
(quoted from post at 22:41:18 04/03/12) 1970 Ford 4000SU 3cyl.gas, never realized till Sunday I have no down pressure on 3pt. hitch lifts ok holds ok I have a bush hog front loader on it,is it possible it has been plumbed to bypass 3pt. hitch? What about the flow control valve would that affect it? I don't want to get into the cover under the seat,sounds like more than I could handle.Thanks for the help.If you get a good laugh at my post well thats just a bonus Al
hat do you want to do? Raise up the rear of tractor to change a flat or something? Have to get a jack....no down pressure.
 
Bonus! :)


No downpressure on the 3pt is quite common, and the norm on probably 90% of tractors under 100 hp that have an oem lift.

some aftermarket kits will add a 3pt with down pressure, and some kits add helper or downpressure. in rare cases you see a factory built cut or unility machine with down pressure.. but not often. I think there may be a belarous with it.. etc..

soundguy
 
(quoted from post at 16:53:27 04/03/12) tractors don't have down pressure only up for the 3pt

Too general a statement. In the case of the OP it is correct. However, my two big Fords have down pressure, as did most of the early 2 pt. IH tractors until the 06 series. I'm sure a number of other larger units also have down pressure.
 
Al.......you know WHY you have NO down pressure??? 'cuz down pressure will LIFT yer rear tires (sumptin called action and re-action) and guess what??? NO TRACTION. Down pressure is by GRAVITY. add more WEIGHT to yer implement. Simple, eh? .........the amazed Dell
 
Bel-A-Rus was the only OEM that I know of that was so forward thinking in their designs to include down pressure on their three point hitch. Some how or other they neglected to add draft sensing to this innovative system tho.

Rod
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top