Not a tractor but maybe some advice

Hi, I know this is tractor stuff but I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on TOWING a 1495 Haybine Planetary Self Propelled Swather? Would it need to be towed backwards? Mainly was wondering if it would hurt the swather at all.

Thank you in advance, and if this is against the rules to ask about swathers, I understand. I just can't find anything about it when I google it.

Jerry

Many ''wheel motors'' have a way to
disconnect the planetary gearing for
towing. Sometimes a cover plate gets
removed and flipped over, etc..

You will need to find specific
instructions for your machine or identify
your wheel motors and find instructions
for them on the 'net.

Almost certainly you CANNOT tow it
without following the appropriate wheel
disconnect procedure.

There should be some old drive on combine trailers around that are to light built for the wheat wacker's that would serve you well you could just drive it up on and go. A lot would depend on where you are in ID might have to go some to the SE to find one in CO,NE,KS yes a bit but not impossible. You should be able to drive on with the head on and then just unload when you get to the field with it. Roads and attitudes are more friendly about that out there. Otherwise most guys i've saw towing swathers did it on a dolly.

To tow a machine with hydrostatic drive any distance requires that the wheels be disconnected from the motors in some way. Attempting to pull it any distance without disconnecting the
wheels from the motors will result in damage.

Once you get the drives disconnected the windrower can be pulled backwards. Be certain that the tow bar you use is rigid side-to-side so that the windrower pulls like a trailer. Do not
try to use a chain - the machine will go all over the place and you also won't be able to stop without it running into your tow vehicle.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back