O-ring size on a 9N sediment shut-off

87mustang

New User
I know this has been discussed at some point, I have a leaky shut-off valve on my 9N sediment bowl. To my knowledge, it is original.
what O-ring sizes are needed to rebuild it?
Thanks

Do you have the original 9N- BRASS Sediment Bulb Assembly? Notorious for leaking, try getting an O-RING kit with various sizes and try one. OEM unit never used a rubber O-RING. If you have the later 2N-9155 replacement style sediment bulb, it too never used an O-RING. The 9194 Valve Stem used a rubber seal/sleeve on the threaded shaft part. This the only part that wears out and thus causes teh leaking. Some new aftermarket stems use cheaper vinyl or plastic sleeves that wear out even faster than rubber as they are not Oil & Gas Resistant.

Attachments

• 2N-9155.jpg
    2N-9155.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 9
  • 9N-9155 pic 1.jpg
    9N-9155 pic 1.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 9N-9155 pic 2.jpg
    9N-9155 pic 2.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 10
I know this has been discussed at some point, I have a leaky shut-off valve on my 9N sediment bowl. To my knowledge, it is original.
what O-ring sizes are needed to rebuild it?
Thanks
I punch new stem seals out of a old thick leather belt. Best I remember I punch the seal with a 3/8" hole punch and burn the stem hole in with a dremel tool. I believe the original seal was leather YMMV.

I have used waxed dental floss and or pump packing on 2N9155 style . I leave old seal in and just build up a bit towards the outside. If it starts to leak again just tighten a bit more.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back