Oil Pressure Based Fuel Shutoff Sediment Bowl

Steve in IL

1953 JD 50 has the fuel shut off that uses engine oil pressure. Rebuilding due to fuel leak into oil. Rebuild kit has new cork sediment bowl gasket that is about 1/16 inch to big (OD). Are there two different sizes of sediment bowls for these shut off systems? Supplier claims their gasket is the factory spec, but does not fit into recessed area for gasket. I cut it down, using the glass bowl as my template.

Just this week , replacing battery to starter cable on a friends 520 I noticed the fuel sediment was differnt than all of the ones on my tractors or any other 2 cylinder I've worked on. It was bigger around & appeared to have a shorter glass. Also this tractor has a WICO distributor instead of the Ole delco distributor. I for one never knew or seen one & they have owned this tracor since it was New.

Agree that correct part number is C1778R. What I cannot seem to get an agreement on is what is the correct OD for this part. Supplier says its about 1/16 of an inch larger than what will fit into the gasket/bowl recess in the bowl head.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back