O/T: '88 Cherokee emissions timer

You might try asking over at the Offroad Jeep Forums.

I posted a link to one of the threads there, where a regular member states "it's a one-time deal".

NOT sure if that is correct, though!
Dirty Jeeps
 
There's no reset to it.Either replace or disconnect emission life timer.RH of steering column.Did it come on at about 82,000 mi.?
 
I don't know when it came on. I bought the vehicle used, with over 100,000 miles.

What all does this monitor? Catalytic converter life? Oxygen sensor? What will be affected by disconnecting it?

Also, how do I read the codes from the engine computer? It seems to run ok, but I'd like to check it out as much as possible before putting it on the road. I prefer to fix any problems BEFORE I get stranded! lol

Thanks,
Anthony
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top