O.T.- buried a friend today

Phil9N3667

Haven't been here much recently, but I need to unload. My wife bumped our tan dog with the car yesterday and dislocated her left hip! Got her to the vet, got a couple of options presented and left her overnight. Went back this morning and the head vet there told us what we could do/expect. Keep in mind, she's 12 years old and has degenerative arthritis. We ended up having her put to sleep. Spent about an hour and a half digging her grave, crying my eyes out at times. Why do we love our pets so much!?
mvphoto18524.jpg

mvphoto18525.jpg

Sorry for the double pics, my first time doing a picture post. This dog loved riding in the back of my truck!! Got her home from the vet in the car all wrapped in a blanket, uncovered and put her on the tail gate. Took her for one last ride on the farm!!

Sorry for your lose Phil. I think we love them so much because they are always by our side no matter what. She sounds like a wonderful friend!

why? because to an animal lover they are family, they love us unconditionally
and we can only hope to give half as much love back!

I feel your pain, but she shouldn't suffer when you can help her go peacefully
you're not alone many of us have walked this path too!, Mourn her, miss her, and when
the time is right rescue another and show it the same love you gave this girl.
you and your family will be in my prayers tonight

<a href="http://s33.photobucket.com/user/Joecdeere/media/Untitled111.jpg.html" target="_blank">
Untitled111.jpg" border="0" alt=" photo Untitled111.jpg
</a>

first phil our condolences on the loss of your long time friend and companion, why do we love our pets so much? because they quickly become one of the family, they love us unconditionaly, never criticize, and are always there for us.

My condolences offered. I know your pain, have been in the same situation. A dog is a hard friend to lose, because they are always there for you.

Sorry for your loss.

We do get attached. Lost my Suzy about 5 years ago. My most common dream I still have is of her.

Give your Mrs. an extra hug tonight, I'm sure she's hurting.

I felt your pain, and truly understand, I have gotten to the point on my Labs, is to have the Vet come to my home and give them 2 shots, and yes everyone cry's, and you ache for days.

They are always there for you, forgive you if you ignore them, and know when you are down. Nothing will I say here will help you.

But you did the right thing, as you stop the pain.

I feel for your loss and had to bury a cat we had over 17 years back in April. She was a very sociable cat and even though we have another cat (been here since 2006) I miss the old cat pretty bad. Kept looking for her in the spots she liked to lay at in the house and look for her at 5 PM for her evening dinner for weeks after she was gone. I hate losing animal friends just as much as losing people. I keep hoping another cat shows up even though the current feline occupant kind of likes having the place to herself.

Phil, sorry for your loss and I know your pain, pets are truly members of our families and we grieve when they pass, time will ease your pain and in time you?ll reflect back on the good memories and laugh and cry, it?s okay for a grown man to shed tears. I still miss one of my best friends that died eight years ago after a diamondback rattler popped him, praying that you and your family find peace in the days ahead, I believe with all my heart that we?ll see our pets again one day

[b:6996d2b7e4][i:6996d2b7e4]Why do we love[/i:6996d2b7e4] [our pets] [i:6996d2b7e4]so much[/i:6996d2b7e4]!?[/b:6996d2b7e4]

It's our love that keeps us moving forward. Sometimes the hurt is so bad that it'll stop us in our tracks for a while, but just gotta keep moving forward, and keep loving. And I can certainly see no better recipient than a dog, as they know no grudges, are always happy to see us, never tell our secrets, entertain us, and help out every way they can figure to do so.

It's no wonder why many people love animals more than people. Many people will take such love from us and turn it into a knife to twist in our back.

....So, [b:6996d2b7e4][i:6996d2b7e4]why do[/i:6996d2b7e4][/b:6996d2b7e4] we love our pets so much!!?? !! :wink:

I am sorry this happened. My heart goes out to you , your Dog and your wife especially. Our life revolved around two male Brittanys ( and many others before them ). In January I had a very serious illness and our one "boy" had a tumor removed. He was doing great and pulled through. Me , not so good at all. At the last minute I got better and got to go home. We stopped at the vet's to pick him up - and we lost him there at the vet's office , despite heroic efforts on their part. I've never been so sad. I hope your heartache gets better soon and a new friend finds his way to you and your wife. We shower affection on his brother who is still here with us. Good Luck to you my friend.

>Why do we love our pets so much!?<
Because they are nonjudgmental. They don't care about gender, race, creed, rich or poor, good looking or ugly, smart or stupid etc. You just give them a little food, shelter and love and they give you everything.

I'm very sorry for your loss. It's so hard to lose an animal that is part of your family. When I was 11 or 12, I lost a miniature pigmey goat that we had on our farm. This goat followed me around everywhere just like a dog. I can remember staying up all night in the barn the night it was born, just to be there with it. It ended up being about a year old or so and something was wrong with it's stomach and the vet had to put it down. I was so upset. Looking back, I've had numerous cats, and dogs. There is nothing worse than having to say goodbye to anything that is close to your heart. I am sorry for your loss.

It's hard losing a friend. Lost my Mickey this year 19yrs old. She rode with me for 12 years and traveled over a million miles. Heck of a friend for a California alley cat.
I Feel for you.

Phil;
You are truly blessed to be surrounded by this GREAT group of Well Wishers. I know where you are at, I have buried several of my "Friends" in the past years. I don't mind admitting that I cry. Please know that you and your family are being prayed for. Dsmythe

Spitting image of my "old man" Major was his name. Purebred yellow lab got cancer and had to put him down. He was a month shy of 15

Im choked up right now, Im so sorry for your loss. I have a yellow lab myself that is my best friend ever.They are so loyal dogs that are at your side all the time. They study your moves and behavior. I will cry some day too.

Very sorry for your loss ,our pets are loyal love us unconditionally never get angry at us and ask for very little in return.

I have 2 labs, one almost 9 yrs., and another just over 2. They bring me up when I am down, and are there for me always. Can't say that about any human. I love and cherish all the 4 legged friends(dogs only) I have ever had.

Its amazing how you get so attached to them. I picked up two farm mutts, mostly lab, four years ago as puppies. First dogs I've had from puppies and they followed me around like Mother Goose. My kids said they thought I was Mom to them.

I lost Jack a couple months ago, he just started having seizures, got up to 4 an hour. Vet couldn't do anything to help, just gave him medicine but that didn't slow it down. I was out of town and my niece was helping him. It lasted for a day and then I decided that was enough for him to suffer.

Brings a tear to my eye when I see pictures of him. At least I still have his sister but Jack was really special too.

My sympathies to you, you did the right thing.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back