O/T Computer help needed

Nancy Howell

Well-known Member
Got my computer back tonight and all icons on the desktop and fonts are microscopic. Hubby is out of town and can"t tell me how to fix it so you don"t need a magnifying glass. I"ve been fooling with it for an hour with no success. I know its simple, but I"ve never done it. If one of ya"ll knows, send me an email with the instructions. Thanks.
 
I don"t wear contacts. At least, not yet. And why is it that they screw up your settings when they work on the computer?
 

Nancy,

Sounds like the screen resolution. Right click on the desktop and select properties then select settings. There should be a resolution adjusting 'knob' there. Select a resolution with lower numbers.

Garry
 
It may be the screen resolution, right click your desktop, click "Properties", click the "Settings" tab and you can adjust the screen resolution, my computer is set at 1024 by 768 Pixels.

Andy.
 
If that won't work, try going in the desktop Properties, under the "Appearance" tab click "Effects", check the box that says "Use Large Icons", see if this works.
 
Nancy,

Try clicking 'view' up there in whatever that bar is called,then select text size and try changing that.

I am really about the last guy who should give any computer advice here or anywhere though. They don't have enough moving parts. Not any that you can see anyway.
 

Are you sure you right-clicked on the bare desktop??

From your description, I think Andy is right about it being the screen resolution.

I often crank the resolution up while I'm working on someone's PC - it's easier to see multiple screens - and then forget to set it back down when I'm finished.


Howard
 
Do as Andy suggested BUT, then go to setting, then click on "Advanced", window should open up, in the Display section change your DPI settings.. Make sure you have checked the lower box on apply without staring.

then click on Apply, then on OK.. and your done!! This should increase the size of your icons..

Keith & Shawn(Gold Medal winner)
 
Nancy just click on right button without anything up, just your background and go to view and set on med icons or large ...



MAY GOD BLESS THE USA
 
Screen resolution is set at 1152x864. Desktop and toolbars are fine. Everything else, like this forum, comes up in 6 pt. which sends me hunting the reading glasses. Hubby will be home Sunday and he knows how to fix.
 
you might try posting this questiopn in the newbies.ws forum, someone there will probably know what to do. I played around with the monitor here at work but could not find anything to help. Nancy you will have to join newbies before you can post but it is free and they give good advice.

frank
 
"Screen resolution is set at 1152x864."

THAT IS THE PROBLEM RIGHT THERE! I tried that setting on my PC and the icons are as small as you say they are on your PC. Change the resolution to 1024x768 and it should be the right size.

Andy.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top