O/T: How many of you raise some hogs?

ChrisinMO

Just wondering how many folks here raise their own pork and/or sell some.

We've got a boar, 5 sows and a gilt we're working with this year. We sell weaners, butcher hogs and whole hog sausage. This is a (so far) three year experiment to see how well it works as far as actually putting money in the bank. Previously we raised all of our own pork, but bought the feeders to do it.

Christopher

I used to when I was a kid. It was fun, Then one got sick, I think it had a cold or perhaps the .... oh nevermind.

Well I bought a bred sow last summer and she farrowed 10 nice pigs. I sold 8 as 40 pounders and kept 2. Fattened the sow up and had her butchered. The 2 I kept are about 300 lbs now. Soon I will give one to my 2 daughters to have butchered and I will butcher the other for myself. Used to have a farrow to ween operation with 80 sows but sold out in the 80s.

I have 2 sows and a boar and they aint worth anything.This will be the last year i raise hogs. weening hogs last yera were about 15 dollars.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back