How many of you stick with the brand you grew up with vs not

Jason S.

I was just curious about this. Myself when it comes to trucks I bleed Ford trucks!!! But that is what I grew up with. As far as farming...I had everything I ever owned and had worked for taken away from me at 31 years old. Including the farm and equipment. Crooked family member with a crooked lawyer and a lot of money... When I was able to get into it again I had the money to buy newer stuff but I tended to stick with what I knew how to work on and use. Some stuff may be a little newer like for example we had a NH 472 Haybine growing up. I now have a NH 488 Haybine. I grew up using a Ferguson TO-30 and a Massey 165. I have a Massey 175 and two Ferguson TO-20's. Same Dearborn 14-15 sickle mower as growing up. Same Ford 16-47 pull type combine. Same Ferguson hay rake...and a few other implements that I have bought that was the same as I had growing up. The only thing I own that is the one I grew up using is a NH 68 baler. I only have it because after they sold the place a guy went in a bought several pieces of equipment and the baler was one of them. He took it to the local Massey dealer to sell it and I saw it and recognized it and bought it. Some differences is we always had a Dearborn plow, I have a Massey plow. I have a newer Vermeer round baler than what we had growing up. We always had a New Idea single row corn snapper and I have a New Idea two row picker now. Some things have been improved and some things work well so why mess with them? Some of that stuff I have purely for nostalgic reasons like the combines but the rest of it I use. I guess my biggest things are I know how to operate the stuff,I know how to work on the stuff,and I can buy the stuff for cash or wheel and deal for it instead of financing. Sorry for being long winded but I'm just curious if there are others like me? I'm sure there are some on here that swore once they got older they was getting newer stuff...and that's ok too.

grew up on dads farm with ford trucks and mostly john deere farm eq, on my farms I have chevy and kenworth trucks and mostly all john deere newer eq. some older 8820 combine, 4430,4440 4840, some newer 9610 combine

I still drive a Chevy truck, but that is because I got a good deal on a used one a few years back. Have owned Dodge and Ford also though no more Ford's for me. We have an allergy to each other.

I still drive VW's too as I grew up on those like the Chevy trucks.

My next tractor will be a Kubota not a Fergie TO series though.

I still ride Honda ATV's as well.

Guess to some extent we all have those preferences from growing up.

Hasn't made much difference to me.

My father was such a Ford freak something, be it vehicle, tractor, or farm machinery, it could be the biggest piece of junk in the county but if it said "Ford" on it, there couldn't possibly be anything wrong with it. I've owned most everything but Fords since.

I also had three bachelor uncles who farmed together, and they were such John Deere freaks they wouldn't even buy aftermarket short line equipment. If John Deere didn't make it, they didn't need it. For that reason, my father refused to town a piece of John Deere equipment.

Myself, I've had a little of everything. I had two John Deere combines, two John Deere discs, a JD plow, still have a JD sickle bar mower. For tractors, I've had on occasion Massey Harris, Allis Chalmers, Case, and Farmall. Still have two Farmall H's, an M, and a D19 Allis. When I farmed, the rest of my machinery was an assortment of whatever would do the job.

I always said I made two mistakes on the last John Deere combine I owned. The first was when I bought it and the second was when it got on fire, I put the fire out.

I was always an IH man solely until recently. Needed a bigger tillage tractor than my 1066, and wound up with 8440 4WD deere. Shortly thereafter, I had had enough of pushing mud and old hay and sliding around in the snow with my 1896 Case IH loader tractor, and was in the market for something I didn't have to work on, priced lots of 3-5 year old Case and NH's.. bought a brand new 100 hp McCormick FWA for ten grand less than the poorest condition of the other used ones I looked at. Deere dealer stopped by back in July, said he had a heck of a deal. 5055 E series tractors, basic little tractor, one remote, manual shift, open station with rops, $800 for a one year, 300 hour lease. Couldn't pass it up. Been awhile since I had an open station (other than the old Farmall C that runs an occasional auger) but thought I could put some hours on it running an auger and maybe rake a little hay with it some next spring. Just picked it up day before yesterday. I forgot how sharp you can turn a small 2wd tractor! Nimble little dude.

The farmer I worked for as a kid had Oliver tractors, and New Holland hay equipment, so that's what I've ended up with - I have a 1755 and a 2-105
I do have an Allis D-14 for raking and tedding - never drove them growing up, so not sure how I ended up with that one
Pete

Dad bought a new ford pickup july 3rd took possession of it july 5th brakes went out of it july 9th. Ford dealer could never fix them, I have owned 5 ford pickups in my lifetime--same experience I've spent more money on tow bills and repairs for ford pickups than anything in my life. Grew up with AC, JD and IHC tractors on dads farm and those darn 2-8-9-n fords on the neighbors farm, he had alheimers. I still use AC, Jd, IHC, Case equipment today, will never own another ford product and I love to scrap out n fords.

I have been a chevy guy all my life.

Could see myself owning a ford though, but it would have to be a 70s or 80s model, with a 7.3 International Diesel in it..

As far as tractors, no one around me farmed!! I decided that all on my own, but from the day I could talk about it, I have been pro John Deere... My room is green and yellow, I have HUNDREDS of little 1/64th scale JD's...

I will admit though, if I had the money, and was looking at a brand new tractor, I would go to Yanmar first. We have had an F18D for 10 years, first thing I ever drove. I have run that thing to he11 an back!!! It is STILL going strong, we have NEVER had to do anything to it. Just amazes me what the little squirt will do.....

Bryce

My Dad had Fords. I started with a '55 Ford car followed by a '58. Brief flirtation with a Plymouth then a '70 Ford truck and nothing but since. After driving a Ford
Pinto for a couple of years my wife went for a '75 Olds Cutlass Supreme(I still have it). Her next 2 cars were Olds'.

naw, no real loyalty now that I'm old.
get into their guts, they are all the same anyway.
Guess when I was younger, I was a Ford guy.
Was partial to 67- late 70's F250's and I raced Fords, 67-70 Mustangs and 70-71 Torinos mostly.
probably a personality flaw more than anything.
In my area, 90% Chevy, the rest Mopar......so I ran a Ford :)
(but building a mild/medium street for my wife and son..camaros...cheaper to build)
Tractors, I have all colors. They all have their good points...and bad points. Combine all the best ideas from them all and we would have a truly great tractor.

We used to drive Fords, then in the 80's they started nickle and dimeing us, some before 50,000 mile. Switched to GM and never went back! GM"S will go at least 80'000 with no issues and by then we trade them in. But now we have a Subaru Outback and like it pretty well too.

Grew up with step-father wanting nothing but Mopar.
Real father drove what ever was affordable to buy/drive.
I'm like my real father, what ever I can afford.
Didn't grow up in a farming family.

I grew up with Fords I've had a little of everything,but now have nothing but Fords. My dad had John Deere farm equipment. I have JD, Farmall,
ford, and oliver tractors.

Its General Motors for me and my family. I know
too much about Henry Ford, his politics, and
how he treated his employees, and also the odd
vehicles called Ford.

I don't understand why the rabid Ford fans
usually don't have a New Holland tractor, but
have something else. Are they not brand loyal?

Dad drove Chevy. My older siblings drove
Chevy, Buick, and Pontiac.

My wife and I drive GMC.

My son talks about owning a New Holland
tractor in the future. I own a New Holland. I've
looked at other tractors and at what my
neighbors own.....I'm very happy with New
Holland.

Scott

I grew up with Ford and JD tractors, Ford vehicles. I now have all brands of tractors, and Ford vehicles.

Then you have govt buy out stuff how about the big wheel giving new part# same as old so they cant trace bad sw and still has job after killing how many people.

Pretty much brand loyal form when I was a kid. John Deere tractors and lawn mowers.
Family always had GM cars and trucks and even stock in GM.
I finally got fed up with working on them all the time ! Got a 1981 F350 it has been pretty good to us. All the family fleet of cars is now Honda ! They seem to hold up the best for us !
Our 1 JD is a model 750 all built by Yanmar. And like Bryce said these Yanmars are indestructible.

I grew up with M&M and Farmall tractors, used the M&M's for dryland-Summer fallow land (I grew up in Western Kansas) and used the farmalls mostly in the bottoms on the irrigated ground (I tell Kids today that if you can learn to cultivate with an M that had a half turn play in the steering wheel and a father who had no tolerance for "Iron Disease" in his corn, then cultivating in a cab tractor with power steering is no trick!). So today although I am long out of active farming my mower Tractor is an IHC and my restored tractors are an H and an M although I live and my farm is in what today is almost an exclusive JD community.

GM management knowing for over a decade that their ignition switches were faulty and causing deaths.

Raised on AC, farm with JD and AC, Gleaner. Love those Powershifts- wouldn"t let you give me a synchro if I had to keep it! I like similarity of equipment for kids or hired help- like identical silage boxes so no one needs to be re-trained when emptying them. Safety issue.

Used to be partial to Ford pickups, but had a couple of Dodge"s. Vans all Dodge. No desire to look at a Chevy pickup, but had a 1960 Corvair and 69 Chevelle. Most people tend to go with what they grew up with. Dealer service will cure some people of that.

Gene, check out Henry Fords love for Adolph Hitler. Ford owned and operated auto plants in Nazi Germany. A good many of the vehicles used by the Nazis wore "Ford" nameplates, but you only see Mercedes and Volkswagen. Henry Ford treated his employees as indentured servants. Ford's wartime effort was lukewarm and weak.
Personal experience as a Ford Service Advisor ensured that I drove GM forever. As far as bailouts, CHRYSLER-DODGE-PLYMOUTH was government bailed out at least two times.
Study your history, please.

I grew up driving Chevy trucks and I've had all of the big three but Fords hold up better for my use so I try to stick with them. I was used to driving Case and AC as a kid but I usually buy whatever is the best fit for the job and bank account. I've never had a tractor that I didn't like except for when I had a brain bubble and bought a POS Belarus.

You cannot keep 5 pounds of keys on a key ring hanging on one key stuck in an ignition switch jingling and jangling for hours and miles without the tiny springs, tumblers, and things in the switches failing. The ignition switches that are mistreated as such will all eventually fail. Fords too. Think about it. You guys are supposed to understand stresses on parts. Your are American farmers, the guys that can fix anything.

Dad was more interested in the best deal than paint color, and never (AFAIK) owned a new tractor. We farmed with a John Deere B and a McCormick Super W6. Implements were a mix of IH, JD, MM and AC.

Same with cars and pickups: Whatever he could work the best deal on. Chevy, Ford, AMC, Buick, Pontiac, didn't matter.

I was pretty hot for Chevy/GMC products for a lot of years, have owned a number of Dodge cars and trucks and am currently all Toyota.

My motley collection of tractors has included IH and JD, I'm currently running a Kubota as my main work tractor.

Never had a Ford leave my stranded along the road. Can't say that about GM or Mopar.

Grew up mostly with IH, but also an Oliver 70, Ford 600, MF 65, Case 730. Later AC, now stuck on Olivers. Had every brand of truck on the farm, but since switched to Dodge.

family had Olivers and AC. Neighbors had AC and learned how to drive on a WD so partial to them but they take back seat to the Olies. But own a Case which come in 2nd behind the Olies.

Car wise, no one in my immediate family (parents and brother) have ever owned a GM product. only Ford and Chrysler products but now dad and brother have switched to Honda and some mazdas but the mazdas haven't been very good for them. I'm an automotive engineer (Ag engineer 1st) and know too much behind the scenes about GM quality or lack there of. They will need to be bailed out again they haven't fixed anything. Wasn't a fan of Chrysler bail out but since the goooberment screwed them up by allowing daimler to take them over (was NOT a merger) they owed them another chance.

I've had good luck with the 10 (still have 5 of them) Chrysler's i've had over the last 20ish years. have kept them all with a LEAST 160000 or more miles with several over 200,000 with no major issues. (not counting the 1 the oldest daughter totaled)

Ford's seem ok but don't like the way they've laid out the interiors. Chrysler and Ford both seem on par as far as quality from a suppliers point of view.

They are all TOO expensive anyway.

When I grew up on this farm the whole neighborhood was primarily one brand of machinery so naturally that is all I knew. For many years I thought that one brand was superior to others. Now I don't think that way at all, though I do get a little red in the face when I hear someone talk trash about the brand I grew up with.

Grew up with 3 old JD D's and 1 GP Deere. When tractors were hard to get after the war, Dad got an allocation to buy a new G 1948 JD - he should have passed it up! I pulled wrenches on all of those tractors. When we finally got rid of all of them, we declared no more JD's on the place and stuck with it.

We had a mix of MM, Case, IH, CAT and AC that were a lot less trouble than the green ones.

I drove all 3 American made company cars, at that time Fords were the best of the choices. Bought three Fords later for our use - all of them were lemons. Switched to Toyota and enjoy not having to work on them all the time like I did with the others.

I grew up driving Fords, I came home from the hospital in a Ford station wagon and I own several Fords today. But I will NEVER buy a new Ford with a Ford Warranty as long as I live in the Manhattan KS area. The Ford dealership has the worst "service" department I have ever tried to deal with in my life. Even for "free" their work was so poor I'd rather pay someone (or do it myself) than have to return 4-5 times for them to finally get something right.

Grew up with Chevys and IH/Farmall tractors. I personally only own two red tractors. But, I am in search of an Oliver 60 or 660 as that is what the farm originally had.

I grew up on a farm in south central Mi. close to Ind. The best equipment dealers around were Farmall/IH. Most area farmers bought from the local dealer, so most had Farmall.
We started right after WWII, with one Farmall H.(I was 6) Our first 2nd tractor was an F-12. Then the H was traded for an M and F-12 for a Super C. Later Dad did have a JD70D after the M was lost in a barn fire. An IH 656 soon replaced the green thing. And his 2nd tractor was a Case DC. I usually drove that and was impressed with how it would go through mud and pull out the stuck 656. Dad quit farming in late 80's and passed on in '94. I was not an adult farmer but enjoyed going to help, in the spring and fall.
I do have the Case DC to this day along with 4 Case garden tractors. All older then 1975. All run fine.
We only had Chevy trucks and cars for most of the years. Never a Ford anything. My stable has seen one of everything. But am not a GM fan these days.

I guess i have stuck with what I grew with for the most part. Dad did have a Ford pickup when I was very young, sold it and bought a Chevy truck, and owned one till he
passed. I am not in my mid 50's, and have to say I have always owned a Chevy truck since I was old enough to buy my first. I did purchase a old Ford truck last December -
was actually looking for a 67-72 Chevy, but "settled" and the Fords seem easier to find and less expensive, and I located a unmolested all original truck although it has sat
for 25 years un-started (wish me luck). Dad owned both a Ford tractor as well as an IH, and always preferred the IH, and I still own both that he had when he passed, along
with another Ford tractor. Ironically my daily driver to/from work, is a Toyota Camry, and as much as I hate to admit it, is probably the best vehicle I have ever owned. I
find it interesting to hear some reasons why some decide to move to another brand - most seem to have forgotten that Chrysler also received government money to bail them out.
If you look hard enough, they all have had some skeletons in the closet figuratively speaking. Sometimes it is one vehicle that leaves a bad taste.......I had this with a
Honda my son owned, and found out that that particular model of Honda had very weak transmissions and rarely lasted more than 60,000 and Honda informed me that you must change
the tranny fluid at least once every 30K or risk failure......What?.....I have had vehicles that had 200K on the tranny without issue. So I admit I will never own a Honda
based solely on that one bad experience that cost me dearly, even though I know they are not all what I consider defective. Probably best to get a bicycle to avoid somehow
getting one that has a weak point or the manufacturer has received money from the government or a foreign entity. Just my 2 cents.

Could be a nonissue, but I wonder how many of those deaths were auto trans vs manual, if the key is able to go all the back on a manual. Use to a little lock to prevent them from going back all the way, like it is with an auto. If you have it in gear, the key wont go all the way back. I mean, cars break down all the time, and you seldom hear of someone crashing because their car broke down. Was the key switch going all the way back even in gear? I never really paid much attention to what was actually happening, other than the car cutting off. Any car Ive ever been in that cut off while going down the road was still driveable until I could get it to stop.

(quoted from post at 14:24:42 10/02/15) I was just curious about this. Myself when it comes to trucks I bleed Ford trucks!!! But that is what I grew up with. As far as farming...I had everything I ever owned and had worked for taken away from me at 31 years old. Including the farm and equipment. Crooked family member with a crooked lawyer and a lot of money... When I was able to get into it again I had the money to buy newer stuff but I tended to stick with what I knew how to work on and use. Some stuff may be a little newer like for example we had a NH 472 Haybine growing up. I now have a NH 488 Haybine. I grew up using a Ferguson TO-30 and a Massey 165. I have a Massey 175 and two Ferguson TO-20's. Same Dearborn 14-15 sickle mower as growing up. Same Ford 16-47 pull type combine. Same Ferguson hay rake...and a few other implements that I have bought that was the same as I had growing up. The only thing I own that is the one I grew up using is a NH 68 baler. I only have it because after they sold the place a guy went in a bought several pieces of equipment and the baler was one of them. He took it to the local Massey dealer to sell it and I saw it and recognized it and bought it. Some differences is we always had a Dearborn plow, I have a Massey plow. I have a newer Vermeer round baler than what we had growing up. We always had a New Idea single row corn snapper and I have a New Idea two row picker now. Some things have been improved and some things work well so why mess with them? Some of that stuff I have purely for nostalgic reasons like the combines but the rest of it I use. I guess my biggest things are I know how to operate the stuff,I know how to work on the stuff,and I can buy the stuff for cash or wheel and deal for it instead of financing. Sorry for being long winded but I'm just curious if there are others like me? I'm sure there are some on here that swore once they got older they was getting newer stuff...and that's ok too.

Well I do own a Chevrolet box truck. I bought it from my stepdad because it was the only box truck I could find. He builds houses for a living and used it to haul his supplies. He even took it to the the dealership and had a brand new GM 350 crate motor installed. It cost right at $3200.00 for everything by the time they was done. With right at 16,000 on that motor it blowed the head gasket on the passenger side and cracked the head. Dealership would do nothing. So I bought it and put a head gasket on it and poured the K&W Block seal to it and drove it! But my daily driver/work truck is a 1978 F150 4x4. Short wheel base 400 automatic. It's just been a good truck. It is one of those vehicles that just has a good feel to it, kind of like a personality. You may call me crazy if you like...but I think lots of cars,trucks,tractors,etc...have personalities. Some good and some horrible. I had a Vermeer round baler that the most I had ever baled without it tearing up was 17 bales. When it tore up that last time I sold it for scrap just to get it out of my site. I did own a 2001 dodge 1500 4x4 that I bought brand new. That was a bad decision. 10 miles to the gallon no matter how you drove it. It caught on fire underneath the hood at 58,000 miles and like a dummy I put it out. It had full coverage...if I would have thought I should have let it burn!!!...lol

I came from a Ford family. My Grandfather would call the Ford dealership from the little town where he grew up and tell them what he
wanted an they would deliver it and take his old vehicle back. Dad had Ford's until he started buying Chevrolet pickups and Oldsmobile
automobiles with 5.7 diesel engines. He loved them because they were so cheap and could get me to fix them for him. Dad's first tractor
was an 800 Ford then JD's after that. We grew up working on them so that's what we have me and my two brothers each has one Ford and
several JDs. Dad taught us to stick with what we knew how to work on big trucks are Macks, bulldozers are TD15C Internationals,backhoes
Ford.
Ron

growing up dad was a chevy/john deere man. I had to prove him wrong. bought a dodge. traded it on a chevy
after 3 transmissions in 80000 miles. I was buying deere stuff though. But with whats happening with the
deere dealerships, and me be being a mega small timer, Ive had enough of their crap. However, it seems im
having trouble with some of my non deere machinery. So we shall see if i go back to deere or not.

So you are going to hold something against Henry Ford...who died in 1947? Somebody who has been dead for 70 years? Thanks, I got my laugh for the day.
So what brand of American-made electronic gizmo are you using to post to the internet? It surely can't be made in China because the Chinese have communism as politics and they have killed millions of their own people.
Face it. your views have been influenced by some other people in your life, probably your old man. Just like a co-worker of mine who spouts politics all the time who is a stanch member of a certain politics party. BTW, his dad (the boss of the company), belongs to the same political party and he has brainwashed his poor kid into voting the same way he does.
One more thing, you better not buy any New Holland equipment. Because they used to use a lot of Ford engines in them.....many years ago.

My dad had Farmalls, and my mom's dad had Farmalls. I've got my grandpa's M and F-14 my dad's dad bought from my mom's dad before they were dating. So I have Farmalls but what I really like are tractors designed in the thirties which were designed for durability. Designed by engineers educated in the same schools that engineers for the B-17, Duisenberg, and other quality equipment of the non-computer era came from. Never cared for Ford tractors, and I've fixed a lot of them.

My favorite truck is the Dodge 12 v Cummins (no computer). I get about 120,000 mi/tran but engine is bulletproof.

Well didn't grow up farming but after we moved onto a farm my dad bought an AC CA and a JD R. Both served him well. He loved his AMC's but went Chevy when AMC got bought out. I've had all of the big 3. Will never ever buy another Mopar.....OPPS FIAT now, product. Had about equal luck with Ford and GM.

Rick

Well, I grew up on the farm being taught to spot a good deal when I see it, whether red/green/grey/orange or even blue and also any make of vehicle. Buddy of mine won't buy nothing but Ford (just because his dad was a ford service manager back in '60,s/'70,s) he'd even buy Ford washing machine if'n they made one. Good and bad in all. To buy bad because of prejudice is just plain stupid.

We were only IH growing up - except for planters
and drills. Those were Deere. The dealer support
here for IH sucks pond water, so all of the field
tractors are Deere. I have some letter series
Farmalls for grinding feed and running augers, but I
can work on those easy.

We always had to have GM products. I've got two
Chevy pickups and the "nice" pickup is a Tundra. I
really like how it rides and the little pulling it does is
good.

Our grain truck was a 49 Chevy that you had to hold
in third gear. Grandma finally put her food down and
said she wanted a Ford. We moved up to a 65 Ford
with a 200 bushel box. It was a good truck. I won't
own a Ford car or pickup, but I think they did big
stuff well. All of my school buses were Fords and
one of the semis is a Ford. My straight grain truck is
a 58 GMC. If I find an early/mid 60's Ford the old
GMC is going down the road.

Gee Gambles, you're all bent out of shape and assuming things! I know who makes the New Holland tractors. And yes, I am proud of my New Holland tractor, and its heritage. My mother was from Pennsylvania and I have cousins that work for New Holland.
Should we forget the horrors of Hitler and the Third Reich? No, we shouldn't. Should we hold Ford responsible for supporting the Nazi war effort? No more than we hold Volkswagen or Mercedes Benz responsible. *** I do believe millions of Jews will never forget.***

***With me, its about personal experience.***

Three years as a Service Advisor at a Ford dealership guaranteed I would always drive a GM. I have to admit because of the traffic through the service lane, I earned a lot of money!

Don't assume too much as I also own Kawasaki motorcycles and 4wheelers, a Kymco 4 wheeler, 4 ICOM and 2 Yaesu amateur radios, and I believe my Smith and Wesson Model 1500 rifle was built in Japan. My Desert Eagle .455 Casull was built in Israel. My 55 inch TV is a Visio. The frames of the eyeglasses I wear are Sferoflex which were made in Italy. I have many Makita electric power tools.

I'm pretty sure the diesal engine used in modern Ford/New Holland tractors (up until a few years ago) were built by Shibaura, not Ford.

So what's your point? Because I'm not assuming to know your point.....

And leave my late father out of this as he was an honorable man who served in the Navy in the Atlantic, Mediterranean, and Pacific Theatres. He lead boarding parties in the western Pacific, so a *free* America was fortunate to have him as her son.

I did not vote for a guy that fell on his knees and pressed his face to the ground for a Saudi king. Did you? The only king I kneel to is Jesus Christ.

Scott

PS....tell me why ford drivers don't usually have New Holland tractors?
For me to have a tractor with any ties with GM, it would have to be a Terex. Much easier and convenient to buy from my friendly local New Holland dealer.

When I was growing up, we had an assortment of cars. Dad bought one GOOD car to get back and forth to work. After that, he got whatever he could get a good deal on. First recollection was a 1953 Pontiac followed by a 1958 Pontiac. Then came a 1962 Mercury Comet station wagon. Then there followed a line of various makes of used cars. Mother had a 1948 Chevrolet for many years followed by a 55 Ford Crown Vic convertible, a 55 Dodge Royal, and somewhere in between was a Studebaker. I also remember a 63 Buick somewhere in the mix.
Once I started having my own cars, I was pretty much GM until somewhere in the mid 1970s. When I went to work for a Ford dealer, I saw how much better the work paid, how much easier it was to work on Fords, and that they were better built all the way through. From there on, I preferred Fords, but I had no problem with Chrysler cars either. I did own my share of them.
Back in the 1970s and 1980s, I didn't much care about whatever the politics of the companies or their owners/founders were. The object was to get the most reliable car possible, since they ALL needed a LOT of maintenance back then. If it wasn't the semi-annual tune-up, it was shocks, mufflers, valve cover gaskets, or any combination of them. In that era, engines leaked, shocks had a short life, and exhaust started falling off no sooner than you put it on. Fords and Mopars were cheaper to run in those days. Then Chevrolet had their issues with cams, lifters, rocker arms, and pushrods. I only ever put ONE cam in a Ford. I got a bit of a bad taste for Chrysler cars over those K-cars. They were not the sturdiest. I like my Fords. They have served me well, and continue to do so on a daily basis.

When I was 7 dad bought a new WD. I was just old enough to help dad drive it. When turned 12 dad bought a F-20 and then traded for a M. Bigger tractor and more power, it was the one I wanted to take to the field. Today have dads WD, a D-19, and a 450 Farmall. Dad had International trucks so I drive Chevy's, Fords, Jeeps and a Chrylser van. Seems like I have had more problems with GM products then the rest. None very new.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back