O.T. Maserati prices

Thanks! Very good article. Sure can tell what they are talking about when we go to an auction. The money buyers don't even see the tractor, aren,t even in the state and they out bid everyone. It's a shame,if you are trying to buy a decent older tractor for a small acreage and don't have the money or sense to out bid them.
 
The soaring values unfortunatly I see as a bad sign too. This means that tractor thefts are sure to be up as these antiques become more and more lucrative, especially if they are sold to overseas buyers. As has been mentioned before, used parts are drying up, the fence rows have been cleaned up in recent years with the high prices of scrap, so replacement parts are going to be hard to get and some items are gone forever.
 
I share your concern about an increase in tractor thefts.

All of my tractors are insured against theft and other perils, but if one is stolen it will never be recovered and will probably end up as spare parts on eBay.

Unfortunately there are times when I look at my tractors and see nothing but spare parts just waiting to be stolen.

For what it's worth I carry a Bill of Sale for every tractor with me when transporting it from the farm to another location.

All of my tractors are "working" tractors on my farm.

Each one has its own "chores" that it does best.

It will be a sad day when I cannot afford to maintain or repair my tractors because someone in France thinks owning an antique tractor is in vogue.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top