Off topic about Off topics

Anonymous-0

Well-known Member
Sorry about this off topic, just dont know where else to post it.Just read on the tractor talk about flies, gas main, scours, weather, million dollar farmers,and everything in between, its ok with me, but where are the Kings on this site, or is it just POLITICS that get the monitors, kings shorts in a knot. And I said those topics are ok with me, just wanting know why.
 
Just wondering what this guy is talking about (kings)? and why it bothers him .This sight is great,just like the coffee shop B S .Its up to the listener or reader to sort out the wheat from the chaff but not to restrict topics. It would get pretty boring just talking about old tractors.
 
Just a boring time of year. Cabin fever and all.
Besides who else would you want to talk about things with other than your friends?
 
I do not get the Kings part, but if old tractors are boring, then just bore the heck out of me!!!!
 
I read what I want and let the rest go by just my opinion but I like this site a great bunch of people helping people who live on farms and own tractors.
It all pretty much gets back to tractors even if off topic so i don't get to upset if someone says something I don't like.
Walt
 
Well, having just posted the World's Longest Off Topic post a minute ago (about the energy efficient house) I guess I'd say that, to me, this site is more than tractors. Its the people that post here and the things they have to say.

For me, its like walking into a warm barn with coffee on the woodstove and a bunch of good folks gathered to shoot the breeze about tractors or whatever. I love it it like air, water and sunlight.

We've all learned so much from each other and much of what we've acquired is not just about tractors. Indeed, much of it is just about each other.

It is the pit of winter. All the bikers, golfers, gardeners, farmers, ranchers and even the animals are desperate for Spring. On the bleak days and cold, gloomy nights, lets gather around our warm computers (getting a little misty eyed yet?) and share the comraderie of... uh, whatever.

I hope this isn't too off topic for you Kings (???).

I changed my John Deere's oil today. There.

;^)
 
I think maybe "Kings" refers to the whiners (tattle tales) that run and cry to Kim about any subject posted they don't agree with.
 
I could be one of those you are talking about. The last couple of dscussions were OT, but no body called any body names or tried to invite problems. A lot of fun for all. Seems all like it that way. On the other hand in the past there have been some that were just hoping to start a fight. To me there is a great big line between the two. Kim seems to let us go about every where as long we respect others. Great with me. I did mention that for sale stuff should be over in the for sale place. OK with me if joe needs a fender for his real hard to find atwater Kent..thats kind of special. But if one comercial seller can advertise here then perty soon it will be loaded with a bunch of them. I did not jump on them, only mentioned it. Sorry If I take great pride in this forum and its wonderfull people and try to help keep it the greatest.
Old man Kenny
 
(quoted from post at 15:16:02 02/25/08) I could be one of those you are talking about. [b:cb0a04f6b8]The last couple of dscussions were OT, but no body called any body names or tried to invite problems. A lot of fun for all. Seems all like it that way. On the other hand in the past there have been some that were just hoping to start a fight. To me there is a great big line between the two. Kim seems to let us go about every where as long we respect others.[/b:cb0a04f6b8] Great with me. I did mention that for sale stuff should be over in the for sale place. OK with me if joe needs a fender for his real hard to find atwater Kent..thats kind of special. But if one comercial seller can advertise here then perty soon it will be loaded with a bunch of them. I did not jump on them, only mentioned it. Sorry If I take great pride in this forum and its wonderfull people and try to help keep it the greatest.
Old man Kenny

Kenny, I think 99.8% of the YT members feel the same as you. (I know I do!)

Thanks for a great post! :)
 
Perhaps some of you read my post a few days ago titled "this forum". In a nutshell, I like the off topics because you learn so much. Do we have to have a forum for each little topic? If ya"ll read the birthday post, then you know most of us have got a few years on us and hopefully, some good wisdom to share. Why have ten different forums? I came over to this one because the topics were less mechanical and technical than the JD forum and as mentioned, seems to be less backbiting. I enjoy this forum and I"m gonna keep on reading and posting.
 
You want to see OTs? Go over to the Tractor Tales forum. Ain't ever been a "tractor tale" over there that I've seen.
 
As someone already said..the winter has been long and still not over for many.
So you run out of things to say on a tractor. Cause most are not working on them now.
What does get me.. hope I spelled it correct. The word ELNENO... this change of earth and warming trend. Where the heck is it. Have not seen it any where on the weathermans maps. So the next News that talks that bull.. will get lots of emails from me and their sponsers! Figure it is one of them goverment money waist study programs. Kind of like the study of duck s@x.. terrible. *S
 
A great example is rrlund's OT to Michigan farmers further down of what I find perfectly ON Topic. To me, that's NOT OT, and is very relevant, important, and pertinant information. Perfectly ON Topic.

I've questioned that kind of stuff in years past, why folks will mark stuff OT that may not be Tractor Talk specifically, but goes perfectly along with farming, as do tractors or are reasons for tractors.

rrlund, hope I'm not out of line with you for using you as an example, or anyone else, but I think that everything that you did say there fits in fine. I see stuff about horses, horse flies, irrigation pumps, and a whole bevy of stuff like that not marked OT, and I don't think it should be. I guess its up to interpretation, so long as its not clearly OT like me talking about growing older, fatter, and balder every day, which I am.
 
It has everything to do with Alien Tractors on Tales...That is how it got started.

I talked about a tractor the other day. :<}
 
Maybe another heading about farming in general and the many things that affect it would be good.
Of course most of the specific tractor questions are mostly answered in the brands discussions and this has become the defacto farm discussion board
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top