Off topic Wards table saw ??

herk

Hello I have a old wards 10 inch table saw , Today I sprayed the angle and depth adjusting bolts with deep crepe to loosen them up I may have got some on the drive belt. The belt dose not seam to be affected ( not rubbery or stretchy) That being said, was using it and the belt (cog type ) started to slip ,Just like flipping a switch, was working great then the blade stopped like the belt broke , that's why it think the motor is turning inside a eccentric housing. I took the belt off and measured it , it is at the new length 11 1/4 inches, cogs are good, my question is the motor mounted in a eccentric housing ??(turn the motor to tighten belt) if so how do you turn it ?? I can tear it down and figure it out ,but it is easier to ask

I don't know about your Monkey Ward saw, but on my Crapsman the belt tension is maintained by the weight of the motor. If the motor is not free to pivot, the belt tension will change as you raise or lower the blade.

Is the motor actually running? Sounds to me like the motor just quit. And 10 inch belt drive table saw if complete with attachments are selling at last time I found one for sale at around $300. I used to be able to get them for my Amish friends but have not found any for the last 3-4 years now. Getting very scarce, brand does not mater. They need belt drive so they can use small gas engines on them. Used to be could get them for under a hundred dollars, last one I found at auction I had to let go at over the $300 mark. And Craftsman seems to be one of the better makes. But getting back to your motor unbolt and set on workbench and see if it is actually running as I think it just quit running and you will need a different motor or getting it rebuilt. Belt slipping is not your problem.

Hello the motor is running but the cog belt needs to be tightened or replaced , trying to figure out how to tighten the belt , I will probably just tear it down and go from there , thanks Bryan

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back