Oil pressure relief valve

RobCons

Working on my JD 400 industrial. Trying to eliminate a squeal in the hydro system. It goes away when the 3 pt lift, loader, or steering calls for pressure. Got the sump screen clean and new filter installed but cant get the oil pressure relief valve to slide out as the service manual says. Any hints on accomplishing this task? Did find part of a spring maybe when the fluid drained out of the front drain. Its the little pieces of metal next to the clip.
mvphoto68818.jpg

What, exactly, are you calling the "relief valve", the one on the "cover" of the SCV?

Is that where the squeal is coming from? Also, the location where oil is bypassing/squealing should heat up quicker than other components in the hydraulic system.

Starting with the tractor "cold" that can be observed by touch or with a "temp gun".

This valve is right above the filter behind a 1 1/4 inch plug. It seems to be stuck. I cant get enough of a bite with needle nose pliers to pull it out. Next one to look at is by the brake lines but that nut is rounded off. Noise is by my right foot.

This valve is right above the filter behind a 1 1/4 inch plug. It seems to be stuck. I cant get enough of a bite with needle nose pliers to pull it out. Next one to look at is by the brake lines but that nut is rounded off. Noise is by my right foot.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back