Old thread warning

used red MN

Well-known Member
Location
Coon Rapids, MN
I know these two will get separated but the post down the page a bit about a turbo H is an old post. HERE IS YOUR WARNING!! I hope this eases the pain for some of you!

Link for when they are separated later! The humor is in the linked video of a hit and miss engine with a turbo on it! I have a live link towards the end of the replies, today is 1/13/24 which probably shows above.
Link to old post with some humor
 
Here is what I do if I really want to know the correct current answer. Go to the “Private messaging” at the “mail or letter” icon at the top. At the bottom there is “Start Conversation” click that. In the recipient area type in cpratt for Chris or kpratt for Kim they are the main moderator which I think you know. Title your conversation and Ask away. I have had an ongoing conversation with Chris basically from the beginning of the software switch over. And trust me I am not hammering him with every little thing. He has in fact thanked me for helping him on a couple of items. It has been helpful for me and hopefully he feels that I did not use up to much of his time. The last week or so I think we may have had a couple exchanges of a sentence or two. When I posted about how to use the PM or “Conversions” one poster gave a couple of negative replies fore telling the evils of it. I personally think it is like “sliced bread” I think it’s a great feature for the forum.
 
Here is what I do if I really want to know the correct current answer. Go to the “Private messaging” at the “mail or letter” icon at the top. At the bottom there is “Start Conversation” click that. In the recipient area type in cpratt for Chris or kpratt for Kim they are the main moderator which I think you know. Title your conversation and Ask away. I have had an ongoing conversation with Chris basically from the beginning of the software switch over. And trust me I am not hammering him with every little thing. He has in fact thanked me for helping him on a couple of items. It has been helpful for me and hopefully he feels that I did not use up to much of his time. The last week or so I think we may have had a couple exchanges of a sentence or two. When I posted about how to use the PM or “Conversions” one poster gave a couple of negative replies fore telling the evils of it. I personally think it is like “sliced bread” I think it’s a great feature for the forum.
Just didn't want to be a bother if something has been posted already. No cause to be redundant when they are busy. It may have been mentioned in an email from Chris & I forgot.

Will have to check there.

Mike
 
Just didn't want to be a bother if something has been posted already. No cause to be redundant when they are busy. It may have been mentioned in an email from Chris & I forgot.

Will have to check there.

Mike
There has been so much back and forth in so many different post. If I hadn’t ran across it in the last couple of days I certainly would not remember it. Also this topic is not one of my greater concerns, there was a fair amount of “tongue in cheek” for making this post. Of course I am not the only one viewing this.
 
Fritz, not sure if you went back to the
Forum Question in Site Comments, but I explained you Bold Font issue plus some other functions there. What I did not mention there is the “Alert” bell at the top of the page. When that shows a number it is “alerting” you replies have been made to items you posted. You can open that to view them, there are links to them right there. If you use your back arrow to leave the post it takes you back to the Alert list. One problem with that is that the post will stay bold in the normal forum listing if you rely heavily on that to see what you have read. Another thing is I am not big on the reaction stuff i.e. the “Like” button, if you had read that reply and did not want to comment further you could hit the like button and then I can see that you viewed it. This will also show in my Alerts.
 
Fritz, not sure if you went back to the
Forum Question in Site Comments, but I explained you Bold Font issue plus some other functions there. What I did not mention there is the “Alert” bell at the top of the page. When that shows a number it is “alerting” you replies have been made to items you posted. You can open that to view them, there are links to them right there. If you use your back arrow to leave the post it takes you back to the Alert list. One problem with that is that the post will stay bold in the normal forum listing if you rely heavily on that to see what you have read. Another thing is I am not big on the reaction stuff i.e. the “Like” button, if you had read that reply and did not want to comment further you could hit the like button and then I can see that you viewed it. This will also show in my Alerts.


I'm confused here.

You say you don't like the "Like" button and then you recommend using it?

Did I miss something?
 
Dunno what a couple of you have against old tractor-related threads being brought forward, I find them interesting.

There's so FEW new actual tractor-related threads here there's certainly enough room for the old ones?

Or maybe not?
It eliminates confusion when someone reads a post & replies.

For example:

Someone comes along in a pinch, under the gun, etc. & wants info from somebody that's been stone dead for years who had the knowledge about whatever topic & took it with them. They may not get too far.

Just trying to spare someone future frustrations.

Mike
 
It eliminates confusion when someone reads a post & replies.

For example:

Someone comes along in a pinch, under the gun, etc. & wants info from somebody that's been stone dead for years who had the knowledge about whatever topic & took it with them. They may not get too far.

Just trying to spare someone future frustrations.

Mike
If you want info from a specific individual use email. That is what email is for. The purpose of a forum is to address a group and to use it for addressing an individual is misuse.
 
Okay Brown D If hairs must be split! I am not going to run through a bunch of posts poking the “Like” button on every reply I think is worth while. Mostly use it on occasion when I agree with the post and it is down my line of thinking, yet I do not feel impelled to type a reply. If that makes sense to you great, if not the only one that really has to know how I will use it is me.
 
Okay Brown D If hairs must be split! I am not going to run through a bunch of posts poking the “Like” button on every reply I think is worth while. Mostly use it on occasion when I agree with the post and it is down my line of thinking, yet I do not feel impelled to type a reply. If that makes sense to you great, if not the only one that really has to know how I will use it is me.


Whoa, idle down there man, I wasn't dumping on you.

Your post seemed to be contradictory, I simply was looking for clarification.

The bolded in your post that I'm quoting is exactly how I use the "Like" button too.
 
Whoa, idle down there man, I wasn't dumping on you.

Your post seemed to be contradictory, I simply was looking for clarification.

The bolded in your post that I'm quoting is exactly how I use the "Like" button too.
Sorry, if you felt I was going off the rails in that last sentence. That is the trouble with print only hard to interpret everything. I was simply stating a fact.
 
Did I read somewhere that they are going to lock out posts after a certain age?

Mike


I am pretty sure admin is considering a plan is to lock down off topic, Non-tractor threads.
Such as "Facebook stuff".
If the thread is not tractor related, the scope of which may be very wide or very narrow, those threads might be locked.

The desire is to not lock tractor related stuff no matter how old because new and better solutions could be added via a new post.

Why lock any threads???
To eliminate them from the list of "Similar Threads" that show at the bottom of every thread. Thus eliminating new posts to off topic threads and bringing them to the top.

But the above might be way off in the future or maybe not at all.

This subject as well as many other forum issues are discussed in the Site Comments category.
That should be the first place to look before posting an issue in any other category.
If an issue answer is not seen there, make a thread and post your issue for an answer.
Doing so may help others having the same issue.
Don't be shy, ask away.
 
Here is what I do if I really want to know the correct current answer.
Many real correct answers are already posted by cpratt and kpratt in the Site Comments category.

Many times there is no need to send them an email or start a conversation unless their answers are not shown there for everyone to benefit.
 
If you want info from a specific individual use email. That is what email is for. The purpose of a forum is to address a group and to use it for addressing an individual is misuse.
I agree with you on the forum is to address the group. That said the way some threads take off with conflicting advice, and side discussions that stray off track, I can also see why a new user might consider reaching out using the conversation (PM) method to one member they felt had been most responsive to their needs.
 
there is the “Alert” bell at the top of the page. When that shows a number it is “alerting” you replies have been made to items you posted.
Depending on your Preferences settings, there are about 30 reasons those Alerts will be made for you. If you have all of them checked, you might be getting hundreds.......
 
Depending on your Preferences settings, there are about 30 reasons those Alerts will be made for you. If you have all of them checked, you might be getting hundreds.......
D-07, you must really pumping the system if you are getting hundreds!:) I just checked and I believe I have them all checked. I am nowhere close to having hundreds. Maybe if you did not check in for a week and look at them. Like most things here you can use it as you see fit. Open it up and only look at the last couple at the top if you want or none. The alert number then goes away. It looks like about the last 20 stay in there queued up to look at any time you open it.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top