Forum Question

super99

Still trying to figure out the new and improved?? system. Classic would change post titles to a lighter color after I read them so it was easy to tell which ones I had looked at. The new one, all are bold even after I look at them. Top left has a mark as mark read tag but when I use it, the whole page turns lighter. BUT, some post change to lighter color and others don't. What the hay???

I have the same problem. On my screen the posts do not change from bold to light. On classic the posts would change color as I clicked on them. Now I can't tell that I've read a post or not. Also I would like to be able for the filter setting to stay set instead of having to change it for every forum every time I click onto a different one.

Still trying to figure out the new and improved?? system. Classic would change post titles to a lighter color after I read them so it was easy to tell which ones I had looked at. The new one, all are bold even after I look at them. Top left has a mark as mark read tag but when I use it, the whole page turns lighter. BUT, some post change to lighter color and others don't. What the hay???
Seem to me that just looking at them does not change from boldface but they do change if I post a reply. Did you figure out your steering bearings? I replied to your post at the time but nothing since.

If you use the back arrow after reading a post, you won't see it change as it is going back to the screen you had when you went to that post. After using the back button you need to refresh your screen is see the bold go away. Or use the up arrow to go to the top of a post, then click on the forum or category. Chris has explained this in more (better) detail down in the Site Comments forum.

All forum questions should be posted in the SITE COMMENTS category. The words "site comments" previous, is a direct link to that category.

The BIGGEST reason the read stuff does not go "not bold" is the use of the back button.

There are what is called "breadcrumbs" near the top left, and bottom left of thread posts. You should back out of a thread by clicking the category name as circled in orange here 👉
1704985269972.png

Last edited:
I have the same problem. On my screen the posts do not change from bold to light. On classic the posts would change color as I clicked on them. Now I can't tell that I've read a post or not. Also I would like to be able for the filter setting to stay set instead of having to change it for every forum every time I click onto a different one.
Go to the SITE COMMENTS category and you will see solutions to both.

What was the reason to change the format??? I’m using it but don’t really don’t like it.
All software has a life and the old outdated software from cave man days was at or near the end of life. Trying to run ancient softwware on modern operating systems doesn't work well if at all. It is entirely possible that required server software upgrades made it impossible to keep the old system alive. With all the ransomware attacks there are more patches being installed than ever, and with every patch there is always a potential for old products to stop functioning. Far better to stay up to date. Keep in mind that the server running this forum may well be hosting several other kinds of software at the same time.

Reactions: HFJ
And another problem is old posts even years old will come back to the trop like it was a new post if somebody comments on it years later . Like the floor pour post by Glennster in tool talk now. Shows as a new post just because it was newly commented on. Makes for a lot more complication to an already complicated outfit.

If what you’re reading seems familiar, stop reading. If it doesn’t, you probably didn’t read it unless you have a bad memory ,in which case it will seem like new material and you need to re-read it anyway.

And another problem is old posts even years old will come back to the trop like it was a new post if somebody comments on it years later . Like the floor pour post by Glennster in tool talk now. Shows as a new post just because it was newly commented on. Makes for a lot more complication to an already complicated outfit.
Cat Guy ..... I suspect the best method of dealing with it is try to forget what it used to be like or how it worked and move on with what we have now. Ha, me preaching that message makes me laugh. Some of the new stuff doesn't make sense to me either but it is what it is I guess and we move on. In the scheme of things, it's just a discussion forum right? We have bigger issues today like dealing with minus-42C outside ..... brrrr !!!

Just because it's an old post doesn't mean there's not still good information in it.
And like Fritz said, no one's forcing you to read it.

It's only complicated if you let it be complicated.

They come back "to life" because someone posted a new message in an existing, maybe old thread.
It is hoped that the new post in an old thread is an improved solution to a tractor related dilemma.
That is the reason the old threads remain here forever.
Unfortunately, some just like to post and make a general comment that does not improve a thread.

P.S. Threads are what you see in a category, posts are what you see in each thread.

Another suggestion to avoid looking at an old thread that gets bumped up........look at the date the thread was created as circled in orange below.
1705161753447.png

Last edited:
You made the same complaint on Jan. 4th in another thread.
Did you revisit that thread and try to take advantage of the solutions that were posted?

I like whatever they did for another reason… now the apostrophes show up automatically ; no more phony calisthenics whenever it is desired to separate a word or quote someone.
I also never understood the reasoning for running modern and classic views… just seemed more work than it was worth to me.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back