Oliver 1650 transmission drive chain

DuramaxD

New User
I've got a quick question. On the transmission drive chain on an Oliver 1650 is it supposed to be tight or loose?

it is not loose nor tight. just fits around the sprockets and pinned. if its loose it is worn out.

They should fit light a glove not tight not loose a nice snug fit . If the engine was pulled and not realigned proper then they ware fast , it also wares the coupler sprockets adding more ware . I am not a real OIL ALL OVER expert but have worked on some as i would do some outside contract work for and old Oliver Dealer and learned for there old time mechanic as he and i would swap experience since they would get in all colors to work on and old kenny did not like working on other brands . He was a wizard on oliver and A/C's and new holland balers . So he showed me how to get them inline and sometimes ya have to shim them .

replace then. with it laying flat on a bench pull it apart then push it together... you will see the wear in the links.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back