Oliver 550 PTO

lenray

Just picked this tractor up yesterday. Previous owner said he couldn't turn the PTO off. He only had tractor for a short while--his son bought a tractor so didn't need this one. The part that goes into the tractor is seized--can't move it back or forward. The PTO is in the on position and the PTO works. I gave it a little grease at the fitting....What have I GOT HERE FELLAS???

len at Clare

Is there even a grease zerk where that shaft goes in the side of the tractor? It should be just a brass bushing either way. Spray some PB Blaster or something on it and try working the lever forward and back. There's a steel plate up under the belly that has 4 small bolts in it. You can take that off and look up there with a light to see what's going on with the actual clutch. There should be some travel before the spider snaps in or out.

Thanks Randy---I took that plate off and looked up in there and shot PB Blaster. It is in the engaged position. It is really engaged. Maybe been that way along time. Can't move it even a little bit...

Pretty sure that shaft goes all the way through and comes out by the clutch pedal. Should have a cotter pin on it. Spray some Blaster on it there too.

Are you sure that your lever isn't stuck on the shaft that it pivots on? Also, is the rod that runs under the floorboard maybe binding up under the floorboard? The shaft that controls the pto t/o bearing runs thru the bell housing & the clutch pedal pivots on it. HTH, Kent Gordon, 903 729 8349 or [email protected],

HELLO KENT----I removed the rod under the floorboard from the pivot point just to see if it was the problem. I can't rotate the shaft with a vice grip on it..Thanks for the ideas...have any more ideas...????

SPMN Tried to text a message with your phone number. It says it is a landline and not able to text to it...

More INFO. ON THE PTO----That little stub that bolts to the shaft that runs thru the housing over to the clutch pedal. Stub is on the right hand side of the tractor. That stub appears to be in the disengaged position with the rod from the handle installed. But the PTO SHAFT turns ---and I can't move that STUB in any direction. Looking up into the tractor at the PTO CLUTCH it appears that the two Master Links are in the extended position.

There are three of those master links. If it's engaged and one came apart, it wouldn't pull it out do disengage. They famously won't stop turning unless they have a load on them, but if that shaft is frozen, you'll have to get it loose.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back