Oliver OC3 dozer

TOtto

New User
I've recently inherited 5 Oliver OC3 dozers. All in pretty decent shape. All have the Hercules IXB-3 engine in them. I've spent the better part of this winter trying to get 3 of them running. They've all sat in a garage for the past 25 years. I've had moderate success with 2 of the 5. Right now I'm dealing with poor radiators on 2 of them. Both leak and it look like lots of solder and radiator stop leak had been used 25 to 30 years ago. One is set up for the thermal syphon type flow and the other dozer has a water pump on it. I had taken the radiators to a local radiator shop. They looked at them. They told me they weren't worth fixing. They gave me an estimate of $850 to $900 each to have them recored. That's a bit pricey for me. I see a used one can be bought for about $650. Not sure I want to inherit someone else's problems. I'm intrigued by finding a similar size unit from either Alloy Works (Looks like one for an Allis Chalmers D12 tractor might fit) or American Cooling Solutions? Has anyone had any luck with the aftermarket folks? Any suggestions of input would be appreciated.

TOtto. thanks for your post. I will be interested in what the responses are as I acquired a Cletrac HG after Thanksgiving and the radiator was shot, This is a thermal siphon also, anyway I couldn’t find anyone close to me that would even look at it so I took it to a shop 150 miles away. It been two months and have not heard a word. If anyone has any possible options please share.

thanks. DnD

TOtto. thanks for your post. I will be interested in what the responses are as I acquired a Cletrac HG after Thanksgiving and the radiator was shot, This is a thermal siphon also, anyway I couldn’t find anyone close to me that would even look at it so I took it to a shop 150 miles away. It been two months and have not heard a word. If anyone has any possible options please share.

thanks. DnD
If I took a radiator to a shop and had not heard a word in two months, I would be calling them. Actually, I would have called after a couple weeks. Things happen, they may have lost your number.

I’d let them recore it and then be on with life at least you know it fits then. More business to keep a local radiator shop around

Very interesting projects you have , hope you keep us posted . I’m pulling for ya.!
We had a hg-42 ,with ware loader ,nice machine ,. Done some axle bearings and Hercules overhaul many years ago .mightcstill have the engine book
There a radiator shop in independence ,Ohio
Theres a custom radiator shop in Chicago that made the Fordson radiator
There's Classic tank and radiator in Gilford Illinois Tracy Pannbacker 217 568 7234 , he did the Fordson fuel tank for me
hope this helps .

I've recently inherited 5 Oliver OC3 dozers. All in pretty decent shape. All have the Hercules IXB-3 engine in them. I've spent the better part of this winter trying to get 3 of them running. They've all sat in a garage for the past 25 years. I've had moderate success with 2 of the 5. Right now I'm dealing with poor radiators on 2 of them. Both leak and it look like lots of solder and radiator stop leak had been used 25 to 30 years ago. One is set up for the thermal syphon type flow and the other dozer has a water pump on it. I had taken the radiators to a local radiator shop. They looked at them. They told me they weren't worth fixing. They gave me an estimate of $850 to $900 each to have them recored. That's a bit pricey for me. I see a used one can be bought for about $650. Not sure I want to inherit someone else's problems. I'm intrigued by finding a similar size unit from either Alloy Works (Looks like one for an Allis Chalmers D12 tractor might fit) or American Cooling Solutions? Has anyone had any luck with the aftermarket folks? Any suggestions of input would be appreciated.
I'm not going to tell you that this is the gospel, but to widen your search, I THINK one from a Cletrac General wheel tractor or an Avery should be the same.

Check this bunch out they also own this forum now.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back