Oliver planter?

Anonymous-0

Well-known Member
I got a 4 row Oliver planter. I need to know what model this is. The serial # tag says 402-2405. Is this a 402. The books I have now do not go into planters enough to tell me the different models. I can tell you that the wheels are white but the serial tag does still say Oliver Superior on it. I'm thinking 58 or 59 maybe as the planters really progressed quickly in design during the 60s. It has round cans on it and they only say Oliver on them and the bar and shield next to it. Any ideas? I'm also wondering if you need special plates for sweet corn or if a regular corn plate will work?
 
Yes, Your planter is a model 402.  This model was built in the years 1954 thru 1958.  Your planter was built in 1958.


It kind of depends on what seed plate is in the planter now.  If it has seed plates for large round field corn, you will probably meter doubles or perhaps triples, just cut the seed rate down at the feedshaft.
 
Mr. Star. What was the last year of the Springfield plant? I know when I started in 1960 we had pallets of stuff that were picked up when the plant closed. I hope you and yours also have a safe fourth. Now for Mark. What size corn plated do you have? There was a man that sold sead corn and he would furnish the plates for many planters. His son told me they are all hanging home in the garage. I know he has some Oliver plates. J.
 
I have a 343 White 8 row planter with several sets of plates and extra sprockets. I am parting it out. It went through the '93 flood.
Don't know if these are the same or not.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top