oliver plow parts

sam in mo

Member
Does anyone know of a place to get plow shares and shins for a 12 in oliver plow with the moldboard number of NC234-SC? They are on a roster comb plow but They are not origanal. Thanks
 
If no dealer has old stock you can try the Pioneer Plow Company.
They manufacture new walking and riding plows and use the "234" plow bottom as well as a J.D. and an Kverneland. Shares and shins should be around $15.00 each.
I haven't gotten any myself but have heard the shares do not have the "raydex" curve but are still serviceable. Best of luck!
 
(quoted from post at 14:42:40 11/19/11) If no dealer has old stock you can try the Pioneer Plow Company.
They manufacture new walking and riding plows and use the "234" plow bottom as well as a J.D. and an Kverneland. Shares and shins should be around $15.00 each.
I haven't gotten any myself but have heard the shares do not have the "raydex" curve but are still serviceable. Best of luck!

Are you sure they use the 234 and not the more common 419 board? I just looked at their catalog and their Oliver moldboards look like the 419, not the 234.

I think the 419 shins can be made to work; the Oliver plow expert will have to confirm that though.
 
Thanks everyone. The plow dosent have the original radex bottoms on it. Someone switched them out for the 234 plow.
 
Perhaps we should make sure we're all talking about the same thing. lol
Maybe you could describe the bottoms you have (or post a pic) The same "plow" could have had various bottoms and been changed to another (all correct).
 
The plow is a radex 2-12's plow. It does not have the original plow bottoms on it.The bottoms have been replaced with a later verson of plow bottoms from a later oliver plow. The number on the back of the molboard is NC234-SC.Don't have pictures. I do have two plows sitting side by side. Both are radexs. The bottoms are different. The rest of the plow is the same.
 
I have a couple plows with the 234 bottom on them. That plow could have come out with the 234 bottom on it. The 234 bottom is Olivers heavy clay/sod bottom. You can use the standard oliver share found at your local Farm and Fleet or TSC store. I just cut mine down to fit. The shins are scarce. If I remember right I laid the 234 shin on top of the 419/619 radex shin and it measured the same. The 234 shin had more of a curve to it and I believe the top hole on the shin was offset a little.. I thought I would take the 419/619 radex shin and put a bolt in the hole that was the same and heat the shin until it matched the same profile of the moldboard. Then I would modify the top hole to work with the hole that is in the frog. The 419/619 shares and shins are readily available.
 
I have 4 new shares [NOS]that have these letters and numbers on the back side. NC 23-12" DS-QD PAT. Dec.16th 1913 2bolts 5 1/2 inches apart. These are blacksmith style shares.I also have 14 and 16 inch shares and moldboards-old style.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top