Oliver Super 55 Big Bore Kit

Hello Everyone. I'm new to the BB and have some questions regarding rebuilding my Super 55 Diesel engine. Mine being very old, lots of blow-by is in need of some engine work. I see there are 3-1/2", 3-5/8" and 3-3/4" bore kits. I assume if I up the sleeve size the block needs to be bored to accept the larger sleeves. Is that correct? I am not sure if any engine machine shop can do the job without screwing up my block so that has me a bit concerned. Please advise on this. Also the super 55 only has 15:1 compression and I am wondering if larger pistons will help starting in cold weather being that would increase compression and heat? And also if I go with 3-3/4" pistons will I see more power or would the injection pump need to be recalibrated? And can these old American Bosch pumps be re-calibrated?

Thanks Much,
Charles

(quoted from post at 16:50:12 03/10/21) the 3 3/4 sleeves will go right in with no machine work, however with the diesel I wouln't go bigger than 3 5/8

Thanks for the info and advise!! I am curious why no bigger than 3-5/8" for diesel? Starter not powerful enough or?

First of al if you do not want to waste your money you will need to have the head rebuilt so you have the correct vale protrusion! That means a set of valve seats installed in the head! My e-mail should be open. Please send me a reply and I will explain it. J.

(quoted from post at 06:40:45 03/11/21) First of al if you do not want to waste your money you will need to have the head rebuilt so you have the correct vale protrusion! That means a set of valve seats installed in the head! My e-mail should be open. Please send me a reply and I will explain it. J.

I tried to contact, email and DM turned off. You can call me 971 226 9006

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back