One month into my new Job-Big Change but Good

Anonymous-0

As of Sept 1, I took on a new challenge as Ag Machinery salesman for Farmers Equipment Co, the local Case I.H. dealer. I have pondered making a change for some time but this all happened so fast it was crazy. I have a lot of sales background and have a interest (or shall we say sickness) in all things IH. so it seemed like a fit for both parties. It is really fun so far and having some sales success. Wouldn't you know it, the first sale was a used JD 2750 tractor. We are still operating the landscape business as well so there are not many hours of sleep and rest but I am turning over the day to day operation to my 12 year veteran Matt who is excited about his new challenge. Wish me luck or tell me I'm crazy but you just have to leap when opportunity knocks. Anybody looking for some equipment (just kidding)? Migraine

Good Luck with the new career. Hope all works out well. I'll be doing the career change thing in about 14 months. But will be doing a year overseas first.

Around here if it has 4 wheels, paint and runs it's bringing top dollar.

An acquaintance just bought a new 2009 JD Combine. Expected delivery date is July 2009 an a price hasn't been established yet.

The machinery dealers around here are making hay while the sun shines. If the farm net income goes to where it was a few years ago machinery sales will dry up and everyone will be stuck with high priced tractors and combines and even higher priced loans on them.

Our local JD dealer has over $10 million in new tractor and combine inventory alone. At a nominal 7%, that's $2,000 per day in interest alone, not counting the rest of his machinery inventory and overhead.

He claims they're all either sold or leased for next year and he just needs to service them out. But, no dealer of anything is going to admit to taking a bath even when he's in the middle of one.

I have been thinking the same thing. Alot of Farmers are going nuts right now. Buying lots of new equipment, More land at inflated prices, Adding irrigation,ect ect ect.
If they are borrowing for this. Its gona come back and bite them in the arse. Actually its gona come back and bite all of us in the butt hard.
Same thing just happened and is in the proccess of happening with the mortgage industry. Keep buying on speculation and your gona get hurt.

just like in late 70s early 80 no end in sight.
all you need is a bigger bucket.
turned out you needed a bigger shovel to dig your way out of the hole you got yourself in.
hang on for the ride it's a long slippery slope some are on. is going to be fast down.

Where are you located? Are we neighbors? Farmers Equipment Co. @ Elida, New Hampshire, Urbana, Ohio all Case IH dealers

This is located in Lynden Wa far northwest corner of USA. About as far as you can go west and north in the cont. US. We have lots of raspberries, blueberries, potatoes and dairy farms and lots of other small ventures as well. Have to carry a wide assortment of implements to meet the need here. Migraine

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back