Oscar gets first man-a-cure

rustred

cvphoto168058.jpg

cvphoto168060.jpg
this was his first trimming in his life of seven years. no way he wanted to get into that lift. but finally got him in. and 1/2 hr later he was happy to be on his feet with his girl friends.

He is giving you the evil eye!! I have seen similar looks when I was about 5 from a bull that had zero positive value on the farm. I was at least on the opposite side of the fence. Jim

It takes a pretty good fence to hold them in once they get pizzed off. Tryed doing this about 3 years ago and no way he would get in that alley to the truck. This time it only took about an hr. He is one smart guy. Just takes patience.

Great looking bull sir. If cattle dont want to do something or go somewhere, they definitely will get their way. Lol. Kow Farmer

Do you do the man-a-cure yourself or are there folks who do that for a living? Is it a haircut too, or just hoof trimming.

We use to trim our Angus steers hoofs that we had in 4-H back in the day. We had a chute we would put them in and then put some wide belts underneath them and take the weight off their legs then pull each hoof back and trim them. They were all a little over a 1000 lbs and halter broke to lead around. I sure wouldn't have wanted to tried doing that with our 2000lb herd bull.

How do you think I chose the handle Hoofer ? I trimmed for 17 years on upright Appleton Chutes. Did just short of 250,ooo head ( mostly dairy ). Sold the business to a young guy who is doing very well for himself. Bill

No, Cows only. My wife has equine, I would not even do those. She has a farrier come and do them.
It was a very good business to be in if you did not mind getting dirty. I enjoyed working with the
farmers the most and have lifelong friends because of it. Bill

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back