OT Bus Nuts

John T

I was given a personal tour by the owner of this bus today at the Bus Nuts Rally in Arcadia Florida, I said its gotta be the prettiest thing I ever did see but I noticed my first wife frowning so I sad NEXT TO HER I MEANT lol

Attended seminars in Lithium Ion Batteries for RV use (the latest technology thats not gonna burn up supposedly) The couple had 500 AH of energy storage in a very small lightweight package that supposedly has like 5000 life cycles or more. WHAT THEY SAID NOTTTTTTTTT WARRANTED CORRECT WHATSOEVER SO DONT ANYONE HAVE A CALF

Attended a solar seminar for RV and other use

Attended an RV Electrical Seminar

Id have to say from a strict engineering perspective some mis information was flowing but I kept my mouth shut lol they werent my semiars

ONLY TROUBLE WAS IT GOT KINDA HOT IN THE AFTERNOON IN THE SUN, HAD TO SIT IN TNE DERN SHADE

John T
1957 Flxible Bus

Is there much market for the older busses to be used in conversions like this? Reason I ask is I've got a customer with a couple of the older styled busses, I believe 50's-60's vintage setting in the woods on one of his properties. He has talked several times about cleaning up and I'd really hate to see them go to the scrap yard if there are really people out there buying them to restore and modify into something as beautiful as the bus you are posting about.

i worked for a company we just called them flexi, built city transit buses and on occasion a VIP bus, if it's the same company it was built in loudenville ohio, we installed grabrails and seats in millersburg ohio....

Glad to see you are getting down to warmer weather.
Hope to get down that way soon.We wanted go around the first of December.But the wife is having trouble with her blood.Hope it is not cancer.
Hold down the fort.

There is a definite niche market but you have to advertise in the right places like the Bus Nuts etc. Theres only a FEW who are crazy enough to like them lol Still unless its a raritY LIKE THE 57 Starliner in the video nobody is gonna pay very many thousand cuz here at the show you can buy one already restored in the ten to twenty thousand range (OR 100,000 FOR A pREVOST) . The GMC 4104 and 4106 are fairly common, the Eagles and MCI are likewise, but a good Flxible or maybe a Mack or White bus can be worth quite a bit. If he happens to have a White or a Mack bus OR A FLXIBLE let me know......

John T
Untitled URL Link

Very cool, before openning the thread I thought you were talking about some special kind of fastener, a busnut.....

The local brewery, 2nd oldest family owned one in the nation, restored a similar bust a couple years ago, a 1948 Flxible Clipper highway coach.

Short article and picture is here, local paper:

http://www.nujournal.com/page/content.detail/id/510275.html

Insane amounts of money were spent to make a cool looking bus, it does look good in parades.

--->Paul

Link didn't come through as good. That said I'll taker a closer look at them the next time I get over his way and see exactly what they are. The last time I was there it was the middle of summer and they just seemed to be too nice of a place for wasps nests, black widows, etc for me to venture in too close since I was by myself at the time.

I thought I saw the other day what looked like a old-style school bus shaped motor home. I'm pretty sure it was a near-new outfit. Some kind of retro? Do they make such a thing? I thought it was cool. I like to travel but I'll never take that much baggage. I'd rather drive the car and stay in a motel.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back