OT-- but worth the effort

For the last few years wifey and me have been contemplating getting a vaccination for shingle. Since we are both over 75 thought it was important but NEVER DID IT. Well, for the last week I have been enduring the most painful time of my life. I HAVE SHINGLES. Now, I am kinda known for being able to stand a lot of pain but after the second day I gladly accepted a narcotic painkiller for the first time EVER. PLease, All of you over 50 RUN, DON'T WALK TO THE DOCTORS oFFICE and get your protection. Best advice I could give ya'll Henry I think
 
Almost 1/2 of my heart is man made, "mechanical" and the Dr. said it would be a good idea to get the shot, got it last summer. Would be surprised at the amount of people getting Shingles
 
Never been shot up for shingles but I'm over 93 and I think it's time I get something for those socially transmitable diseases that I've heard about. Some of the old gals I socialize with (and most of them are over 85) are looking a bit the worse for wear lately and I don't want to take any chances.
 
This injection is VERY HIGH DOLLAR. I had shingle a couple of years ago. I WAS LUCKY. No pain just wanted to scrach my sides bloody. I ask my internest about the shoot. He said it was about $800.00. I t is shipped frozen. You must be there waiting for it to thaw out because once thawed it must be injected. It CAN NOT be refrozen. He said I did not need it as my system had been reaqainted with the Chicken Pox viris.

Kent
 
Hi, I heard a couple of old timers like you talking the other day. One said to the other, you were in the service during WWII weren't you, the friend said yes. The first guy said "you had to take the salt peter right"? His friend said, "sure did, and I think its just starting to kick in."
 
Hey, was that you listening when me and Festus Grimes was a'talkin? I thought maybe you were tryin' real hard to pick up what we was sayin' to each other. I'm a gonna talk a little more cornfidentially from now on !!!
 
ok, i got one:

Bubba walks into the doctor's office. The secratary asks him what he has. Shingles, he says. He waits in the office for over an hour, then a nurse walkes in and takes him back into a small room. She asks him a few questions, draws blood, takes his temprature, and tells him the doctor will be right with him. 45 mins later the doctor walks in. He says "OK, whats wrong with you". Bubba replies, nothing much, i just got a whole bunch of shingles. The doctor tells him to take off his clothes, and then says "Where??" Bubba replies "On the truck. Where do you want them??"

i know, i know, im just trying to lighten the mood :-)
 
Wife went and got a shot on Tuesday $162. Sis IL got one in Florida next day for $275. I guess its where you get it. Henry
 
Shingles effects ones who have had chicken pox. Insurance paid the 200 dollars. Hep A and B shots are also good.
 
Yup. Had the shingles, too. Felt like I had been burned, but a burn quits hurting after a while. Shingles don't. They are quite painful. By God's grace, I had a very light case. Shingles are a form of varicella (fancy word for chicken pox). Generally, only older people get them because as we age our immune system gets slowly weaker. Nice thought, right?
 
My mom is 80 years old and is losing the sight in her right eye.She has a cataract but they can't do anything about it because she has shingles that settled in her eye and if they operate on it she could lose the eye totally.If it will prevent something like this from happening to you GET THE SHOT!!!!
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top