ot- cell service

Ray

Well-known Member
Our sprint cell phone contract ran out a couple months ago.I thought i would call them and negotiate a new contract.We have 3 phones on 800 minuites.I mentioned switching to verision and they took 30% off our bill and said we could get 3 new phones.I said fine,sign me up.They said they would send me a new contract and i could go to any sprint store to get my new phones.Well,it didn't work that way.The two local sprint stores won't sell me a phone because i went through sprint and not them.They tell me i need to go to a corporate sprint store to get a new phone.The nearist phone store is 100 mile round trip. I would tell them where to go,but sprint is the only service that works in my area.Looks like i'm in for a road trip.There customer service is awful,you have to go through a phone mase to get to someone who can hardly speak english.
 
"There customer service is awful,you have to go through a phone mase to get to someone who can hardly speak english."

You just described every business in America.
 
Ever talk with a Dell Rep. It's like a whole nuther world.
We have sprint here also, we are between a rock and a hard place. It's either them or the local phone company that charges you outrageous prices for long distance service. Just another racket that has been allowed to get out of hand because they know the consumer will pay for it.
 
We were talking about that at the coffee shop today. I think it was Celular one that Tom said he signed a 2 year contract with 10 months ago. He got a free phone from them with a one year warranty. Well,the battery went bad. He went back to the dealer that he got the phone and service from,6 miles away. The guy told him that they had been sold to AT&T and AT&T had taken the dealer franchise away from over 100 dealers,him included. Then he found out the phone was warranted for a year,but the battery for a month. Said he spent forever on the phone with them,they told him the nearest dealer now was in Traverse City,about 120 miles away. Nobody else has a battery because it was some phone that was only made for about 2 months,that they got a good deal on. So...he has a phone with no battery,a contract that has 14 month left that he can't get out of and no dealer service.
 
speaking of customer service, I was feeling real depressed the other day, and finally it got so bad I called a help line. Come to find out it had been outsoruced and I got some guy in Pakastan. Told him my problems but he didn't seem to understand. Finally out of frustration I told him I was suicidal. He asked me if I could drive a truck.


Gene
 
The free phone deal is a scam. Most of the free phones are junk. My brother got a new phone when he got a new contract and I realy liked it (Motorola z365 I think) so when my contract was up I went looking. I could not get the same contract had to "upgrade" $20 month and get some crap I didn't need and the phone was going to only cost me $150 after rebate!!!! Found the phone on ebay, $149 after ship'n, put my card in, and still have my outdated cheap plan.

Good luck!

Dave
 
I really can"t complain about our cell service. Got our phones (2) free, on a 2 year contract. When we complained about analog service, and poor coverage, they changed us to digital service, with new phones - no charge. Thought I had a battery going, representative went in the back room and provided me with a spare. (She canabalizes all the incoming returned phones.)
Granted, we have the low $ entry level phones, but I don"t need bells and whistles. Cell towers don"t know the difference. After our 2 year contract was up, representative put us on a monthly continuning contract. Think I could end it any time, if I had an hankering to, but they have about the best service in this area, fewer dropped calls, etc. We get 200 minutes daytime (between the 2 phones,) 2000 minutes nites/weekends, and free nationwide long distance. In our local call area, most of the southern half of Michigan, and northern Indiana, we have free mobile to mobile with any other customer of the company. We have never exceeded our minutes, or even come close. I"m happy with Centennial, except for a few isolated areas! (Other cell phones don"t work there either.)
They offered me a cell based home phone, a couple months back. If it would have supported all the phones we have hardwired all over the farm, I"d have told Verizon to shove it in a moment!
 
This might hit home with you, Gene:


Pakki callback
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZfQXd4gT0JY&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZfQXd4gT0JY&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
 
I would go with Alltel. Thats what we have anyway. You can pick the plan that will get you sevice through just about all of the U.S. for about $50, then choose the amount of minutes. I thinks its an additional ten dollars for each added line per month. You can also put up to ten people that are also signed up with Alltel in "my circle". "My Circle", is a thing where when you call the people you have in my circle, or when they call you, you wont be charged for minutes. We havent had any problems with it.
 
does any one listen to Paul Harvey Tracfone- phone is 10 to 15 bucks, 1 year plan and up to 800 min for 100 bucks round up to 120 total = 10 dollars a month and tracfones work off of everyones antenna"s
 
Well, we have Tracfone and it works OK for us. We buy a block of minutes and when we run low, we buy some more.
They gave us a free phone, (yes it was a cheapie) and we got 400 minutes for $100.00. We don"t use the phones all that much and those minutes will last us a year(when the block of minutes expire). If you don"t use the minutes in that time, you lose them. However, any time during that year we can add as many more minutes as we need.
So, for roughly $8.00 a month, we have what we need.

Chuck
 
I went with T-Mobile and got samsung with lots of bells/whistles which I don't know how to use - you see I am technically challenged. My plan gives me 60 anytime minutes, nites/weekends/long distance free. That not many minutes, but I rarely use the phone. I got it just for emergencies and believe it or not, I've never gone over my minutes. My phone doesn't own me, I own it.
 
I have Verison and have no complaints. I updated my phones a year ago to LG's. Cost me nothing for 3 phones. I have a contract for 500 minutes for $50 and have 2 other phones under that contract for $10 each. I have unlimited nights and weekends-nights after 9:00 pm- no roaming anywhere, free long distance, free anytime to other Verizon customers. I have never had a problem going over the minutes mainly cause my wife and daughter use theirs to call each other free. They will use over 2500 minutes each per month and I can call my son on his for free. He has his own Verizon plan. I have never had a problem with customer service. Their call center is in US and you can understand them.
 
(quoted from post at 23:21:08 02/22/08) does any one listen to Paul Harvey Tracfone- phone is 10 to 15 bucks, 1 year plan and up to 800 min for 100 bucks round up to 120 total = 10 dollars a month and tracfones work off of everyones antenna"s
quit listening to Paul Harvey years ago. He made too many statements about items I had experience with and knew were not true. The Tracfone is a primary example. The major companies (ATT/ Verizon, and maybe others) use signaling formats that are incompatible. It takes a different phone for them.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top